• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2023 Sneak Peek Gear

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Thanks. Not happy about the S/Max going away. I have bird legs and skinny ankles and the S/Max fits really well out of the box.
...humm, I wouldn't count it out just yet, I mean I feel "ALPHA" indicates the lower volume boot to the current 100 - 106 last S-Pro, 102 - 108 last S-Pro HV.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
In this picture they do not look bad. At all. The RS I mean. Still prefer the bright blue, but not bad.

P.S. I just realized that the new RS colour way matches perfectly that of my Giant TCR. Exactly the same. How can I take advantage of that however I don't know.
Super extra bonus points if you score a pair of junior boot cuffs and cut a bottle cage out of them.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
14DCC3EE-1443-4C19-A41D-452CEB87E616.jpg
20A7A462-45CD-483E-8535-56D04A4CF7B4.jpg
B3456CCB-2707-4557-9F90-CDA990C292F4.jpg
C3023ADC-7CC0-4645-A520-CC250A45EEB2.jpg
DD76A9B2-CA8A-4D30-93D8-07908A8DB885.jpg
EECD46F7-B1A6-40D1-99C0-D49B9E934AFF.jpg
B33A9BC5-0D66-4EBD-BF6C-A6290C293AA8.jpg
EF151C3D-1361-4C70-BF91-5CC4E04FDB76.jpg

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
In this picture they do not look bad. At all. The RS I mean. Still prefer the bright blue, but not bad.

P.S. I just realized that the new RS colour way matches perfectly that of my Giant TCR. Exactly the same. How can I take advantage of that however I don't know.
Right, and I think the Lange RS boot looks a lot better than that understated to the point of looking like a prototype ski very dead purple colored Fischer Ranger 102 ski.
Subjective but I also like the RS "look at me" cosmetics much better than the teal with bold black graphics & buckles Kastle RX150 boot.

nd_1975

Booting up
Skier
Looks they are trying to appeal more and more to the US audience.
First AR, then US inspired SRs, now fatter AX and also fatter AR...

Time to stock up on WRTs before they decided 84mm is a good width for these. :ogbiggrin:
What is the new waste widths of the AR and AX? Can't read in the picture.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
really closing that gap with the SR 88
The AR was 85, so a bit further away ;) The old AR and SR88 had two different personalities, lets see how this new AR and AX feel. #juryout

Quandary

Out on the slopes
Skier
The small expansion of the titanal in the Ranger 102 is interesting. I wonder how much difference that will make in how the ski skis. I also prefer the blue in this years 102 that I just had delivered.

One small note on that. Put the true bar on the bases......very disappointing. Edge high on the tips and tails base high in the middle. Very poor base prep. After buying the RCOne 86GTs, which were perfect out of the box, this is unexpected. The shop were I took the skis to have the base restructured and bindings mounted said this is not at all unusual for Fischer this year. Indicated that the bases on the skis coming out of their factory in Austria are really good, the bases on the skis manufactured in other plants not so much.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The small expansion of the titanal in the Ranger 102 is interesting. I wonder how much difference that will make in how the ski skis. I also prefer the blue in this years 102 that I just had delivered.
Metal aside, these are very different skis. We will be getting on them ASAP.

One small note on that. Put the true bar on the bases......very disappointing. Edge high on the tips and tails base high in the middle. Very poor base prep. After buying the RCOne 86GTs, which were perfect out of the box, this is unexpected. The shop were I took the skis to have the base restructured and bindings mounted said this is not at all unusual for Fischer this year. Indicated that the bases on the skis coming out of their factory in Austria are really good, the bases on the skis manufactured in other plants not so much.
Sorry, but of the skis I have fondled and gotten on snow from Fischer have been some of the best finished skis of all brands. Have there been inconsistencies, of course but no more with Fischer than any other brand.

skipress

Getting off the lift
Skier
...humm, I wouldn't count it out just yet, I mean I feel "ALPHA" indicates the lower volume boot to the current 100 - 106 last S-Pro, 102 - 108 last S-Pro HV.
It's gone. This the dealer workbook.
1642678490106.jpg

Looking at how the thing is presented and how it was described to me [higher instep, building on the success of the s Pro and so on] they are running S pro alpha to replace S max and connecting that to the regular S pro concept

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I fondled the Alpha and it is a step back towards the more traditional from the S/Max of late. No more oversized cuff hinge, these are now easier for cuff alignment. No more integrated strap, with the Booster patent open, there is elastic in the strap. A better liner, which I didn't have a chance to play with ... yet.

skipress

Getting off the lift
Skier
I fondled the Alpha and it is a step back towards the more traditional from the S/Max of late. No more oversized cuff hinge, these are now easier for cuff alignment. No more integrated strap, with the Booster patent open, there is elastic in the strap. A better liner, which I didn't have a chance to play with ... yet.
I agree it's a more traditional setup all round. Definitely higher on the instep with the moveable buckle... moved more heel pocket directed. At least there's a cuff alignment adjustment. The dual cuff also gone. Noticeably heavier

The liner seems mainly designed to be a closer fit to the inside of the shell.

I've not heard of any problems [and the fact that it's still in the S pro perhaps points away from this] but wondered if the carbon/glass had been troublesome, or perhaps just expensive to work with

Miller

Putting on skis
Skier
It's gone. This the dealer workbook.
View attachment 156054

Looking at how the thing is presented and how it was described to me [higher instep, building on the success of the s Pro and so on] they are running S pro alpha to replace S max and connecting that to the regular S pro concept
I am very intrigued by this boot. My favorite boot of all time was the X Max 120. I have not been able to recreate the same feeling without any other boot. The S Max was too low in the instep and the S Pro felt like a boat.

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier

Noticed the same thing over the last 2 seasons with my 20 Fisher 102FR(Ukraine plant) and 6 pairs of 21 Faction skis with most being built in the Fisher Austrian plant with a few being built in their Ukraine plant. Was told the Austrian plant was were the “Fisher race skis and higher end” skis were built and they have definitely been tuned better than the Ukraine plant versions.

That being said, a $20 stone grind and hand edge finish and all were perfect. The spec’d ski weights on even the Ukraine plant versions were perfect so just looks like the final finish process isn’t quite as good there.
Had far worst finished skis from Head, Volkl, Armada, Dynastar, Blizzard, Nordica etc etc

Premier Skis

Distributor of Lusti skis
SkiTalk Sponsor
I like the look on the new season Fischers.

Along the lines of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" I assume @Blossom Skis will remain unchanged for next year?

Yes, the line will remain largely unchanged and due to Covid, no changes in the graphics are anticipated. They are adding a slightly narrower version of the Pure 99 called the Pure 94.

Mike

Sponsor

Staff online