• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2023 Sneak Peek Gear

skipress

Getting off the lift
Skier
I am very intrigued by this boot. My favorite boot of all time was the X Max 120. I have not been able to recreate the same feeling without any other boot. The S Max was too low in the instep and the S Pro felt like a boat.
When my first set of S max arrived I thought they had sent the wrong size, couldn't get my foot in them [and I've a track record of skiing 140 world cup stuff], though they were much easier when cooked. I suspect that the super low instep would give retail problems - out of the box fit etc.

This my S Race and S Max and the instep is noticeably higher on the S Race

IMG_20201106_163627.jpg

I do however like the S Max very much and as someone who had for years used a Lange/Rossi 'RS/Hero' and their parallel ancestors as a benchmark for years the S Max became my daily driver.

What's the (EL) designation correspond to (Salomon) ?
Each leg :) ? I haven't a clue TBH. Guessing that the others all end in GW and have gripwalk [save for the 120 which is [EL]GW and comes with both] it's something to do with gripwalk/flat soles.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Each leg :) ? I haven't a clue TBH. Guessing that the others all end in GW and have gripwalk [save for the 120 which is [EL]GW and comes with both] it's something to do with gripwalk/flat soles.

So long as it's not something weird like 'extra light' and indicating a different plastic composition and wall thickness :thumb:

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter

skipress

Getting off the lift
Skier
I also wonder what Full Service means?
Set to one side a rather [cough] adult meaning .. with one exception through the line the only boots that have that also have screwed on buckles [but you'd think it means more than that]

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Yes, the line will remain largely unchanged and due to Covid, no changes in the graphics are anticipated. They are adding a slightly narrower version of the Pure 99 called the Pure 94.

Mike
Sidetrack: We are holding a pair of of the Sideral edition here at my house for @bbinder and holy moly, what construction. My husband, who has worked as a ski tech and instructor for 30 years, now wants a pair and he hasn't even skied them. He's drooling over the quality and also the shape of the ski. Bob, you'd better get them in a hurry! If your BSL is 315, don't blame me if they're skied before you get here! :roflmao: (J/K, he won't ski them but he's very intrigued!)

We need some Blossom skis at WWSRA!

Teppaz

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

Andy Mink

SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Sidetrack: We are holding a pair of of the Sideral edition here at my house for @bbinder and holy moly, what construction. My husband, who has worked as a ski tech and instructor for 30 years, now wants a pair and he hasn't even skied them. He's drooling over the quality and also the shape of the ski. Bob, you'd better get them in a hurry! If your BSL is 315, don't blame me if they're skied before you get here! :roflmao: (J/K, he won't ski them but he's very intrigued!)

Just order up the AM77. For Bryce I'd go with the Speedlock Pro plate. Soooo good on groomers! The blue is really nice looking. Thank me later.:ogbiggrin:

applecart

Getting on the lift
Skier
Just order up the AM77. For Bryce I'd go with the Speedlock Pro plate. Soooo good on groomers! The blue is really nice looking. Thank me later.:ogbiggrin:
I have a pair sitting in my "cart". So tempted to just pull the trigger, but I think I should demo the Stockli AX first - or should I? The price is much better on the AM77, but I digress.

bbinder

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

Too bad my BSL is 295!

Kyle

Out on the slopes
Skier
I do however like the S Max very much and as someone who had for years used a Lange/Rossi 'RS/Hero' and their parallel ancestors as a benchmark for years the S Max became my daily driver.
My S/Max boots only have about 15 days on them but they are the best natural fit I have found for my foot/lower leg. Not sure if I should pick some up before they are discontinued or just figure that I will go through the process of getting whatever best works when I need new boots--like trying the then current iteration of the Atomic Club Sport.

Premier Skis

Distributor of Lusti skis
SkiTalk Sponsor

Amy,

Our plan was to be at WWSRA at Mission Ridge in February, but unfortunately Blossom's demo fleet is committed to a number of tests in Europe and their production capability, like everyone else, has really been impacted by Covid. As a result, they won't be able to produce the 30 pair we needed for the demo. It's a real bummer, but hopefully we'll get there next time!

Mike

Premier Skis

Distributor of Lusti skis
SkiTalk Sponsor
I have a pair sitting in my "cart". So tempted to just pull the trigger, but I think I should demo the Stöckli AX first - or should I? The price is much better on the AM77, but I digress.

We have a number of AM77s in stock available that are available in our SkiTalk special sale. The AX is a fine ski (I've skied it), but the Blossom is of equal quality and performance. Obviously, I'm biased :D, but it's true!

Mike

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink