• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

International (Europe/Japan/Southern Hemisphere) 2023 Southern Hemisphere Ski Resort/Conditions/Meetups

Decreed_It

I'd rather be skiing
Skier
Almost ski season down under, but it's mighty thin and opening weekend is in jeopardy. La Nina predicted indicates a warm, dry winter for Australia (generally).

Where are you skiing this southern hemisphere season?

Last edited by a moderator:

geepers

Skiing the powder
Skier
Mt Hutt Base
They are scheduled to open this Friday if they get to their target snow depth for some trails
I've got a combined season pass to Mt Hutt, The Remarkables and Coronet Peak for just NZ$ 899
Even though I live in the North Island, I will spend a lot of this season in the South Island
View attachment 205018

Looking a lot better than Oz fields atm.

This year purchased a season's pass for Cardrona/Treble so expect to do some skiing from Wanaka. (Actually the wife's a kiwi and wants to move back to NZ.)

Looking like Winter there as opposed to AUS. I'm hopeful to get in a last minute trip over there this season, tbd. Work and teenagers with all the commitments make it tricky.

Good to see you back. Was wondering if you'd managed to find any decent coffee in Sydney - check out the thread on tipping instructors.

Seems that we often get the situation where either Oz gets the snow or NZ but not necessarily both.

TS
Decreed_It

Decreed_It

I'd rather be skiing
Skier
Looking a lot better than Oz fields atm.

This year purchased a season's pass for Cardrona/Treble so expect to do some skiing from Wanaka. (Actually the wife's a kiwi and wants to move back to NZ.)

Good to see you back. Was wondering if you'd managed to find any decent coffee in Sydney - check out the thread on tipping instructors.

Seems that we often get the situation where either Oz gets the snow or NZ but not necessarily both.
Ha! I'm getting used to the Italian origin coffee scene here but I do prefer my automatic drip "long black" aka American shite coffee :D

I do need to peep that thread as we've got 2 BC days lined up late July and want to do the appropriate thing for AUS for those guides.

Last edited:

geepers

Skiing the powder
Skier
I bring the boy whenever possible, he'll join for a couple BC days and our first (and probably only, ever) day at Perisher mid July. We have to do it once, right?

If it's once you'll have best snow likely to be in early to mid August.

geepers

Skiing the powder
Skier

Turoa Kiwi

JH
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Things are under way in the Queenstown
I had a day at Coronet Peak yesterday. They have just enough coverage up there to open The Coronet Express and The Meadows Express chairs. It will need a lot more snow to open Greengates and the T bar. Conditions were firm and fast as the wind was blowing the snow all over the place. The Coronet Express was regularly under wind hold which made for some big queues as much due to it also being school holidays. It’s early days yet and I’m looking forward to another storm to come through and deliver the goods.

Turoa Kiwi

JH
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The Remarkables base area today . As with Coronet Peak another 50 to100cms of snow over the whole place will make all the difference, but there isn't much in the forecast remarks  5 7 23.jpeg