• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2023 Stöckli Laser WRT Pro

JCF

Out on the slopes
Skier
I guess I won’t be telling you where I’m going so you can’t influence the decision…

tomahawkins

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
but do you feel this is to ski beeeing to soft flexing our, or the ground just giving way?

I find to narrow skis with to fat person on top can make for some interesting deep trenches, and easy for it to give way, or boots just to float
Yeah, the ground just gives way. I'll be in a turn, outside ski loaded up, hit a soft patch, and it's an instantaneous loss of grip; almost like a boot-out except it's not; the inside foot has to come to the rescue. Doesn't happen all the time, say about 2-3 times a day. I experience it on my eRace Pros and my No. Uno XCs, never with the Ogasakas. But then the Ogasakas took several days for me to get used to them -- they ski different -- whereas the others I was able to hop on and go.

Last edited:

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Yeah, the ground just gives way. I'll be in a turn, outside ski loaded up, hit a soft patch, and it's an instantaneous loss of grip; almost like a boot-out except it's not; the inside foot has to come to the rescue. Doesn't happen all the time, say about 2-3 times a day. I experience it on my eRace Pros and my No. Uno XCs, never with the Ogasakas. But then the Ogasakas took several days for me to get used to them -- they ski different -- whereas the others I was able to hop on and go.
Well if you're gonna be so careless as to ski in a part of the world that has soft patches, this is the price you pay

CDR114

Booting up
Skier
Has anybody taken the WRT-Pro 162s through a slalom course? If so what are your thoughts? I have the Laser FIS SLs and at 68 years old, they may be getting a little too stiff for me on the tighter gates.

anders_nor

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Has anybody taken the WRT-Pro 162s through a slalom course? If so what are your thoughts? I have the Laser FIS SLs and at 68 years old, they may be getting a little too stiff for me on the tighter gates.
SL 155 or 157 ?

WRT pro is a fun ski, its not a race ski though, so I'd rather have a FIS SL of sorts than that

CDR114

Booting up
Skier
SL 155 or 157 ?

WRT pro is a fun ski, its not a race ski though, so I'd rather have a FIS SL of sorts than that
Thanks, I was just wondering. With the review descriptions I thought it would be stiff enough for a course, but still softer than the FIS SL. I may have to switch brands to get a softer SL ski.

hotwinter74

Booting up
Skier
Thanks, I was just wondering. With the review descriptions I thought it would be stiff enough for a course, but still softer than the FIS SL. I may have to switch brands to get a softer SL ski.
I'm wondering too. There must be a reason Stockli made a 162 WRT pro.

JCF

Out on the slopes
Skier
I think of it as a recreational SL or an all mountain SL. Definitely not a racing SL.
It has a wider range. What surprised me was how easy it skis, how light in short turns, and how it's like a tank busting crud.

Skidiot58

Booting up
Skier
I run these on our local NASTAR hill --- a low pitch "tight GS" set most days. They are just fine for that. (I am 5'7" 165, 59 yrs old). I would not want anything more stiff than these. Great edge hold (FYI --- soft UT snow). Very quick response edge-to edge. And yes..... quite nice in crud/mixed snow.

Reactions: JCF

hotwinter74

Booting up
Skier
Hi, all.

If you have a WRT 16 binding manual(or 12), please share with me.
I can't find it on the web.

I need to adjust it to my boots.

20230401_162533.jpg

20230401_152226.jpg

20230401_162556.jpg

20230401_163315.jpg

Thank you.

ps. one more question.
Is anybody who fill this gap? with wax or silicone.. whatever.
or everybody just leaves it and doesn't care?
I just don't like any hidden water near the edge.
20230331_163112.jpg

Wade

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Hi, all.

I need to adjust it to my boots.

View attachment 199052
View attachment 199053
View attachment 199054
View attachment 199055

Thank you.

ps. one more question.
Is anybody who fill this gap? with wax or silicone.. whatever.
or everybody just leaves it and doesn't care?
I just don't like any hidden water near the edge.
View attachment 199057
I don’t have the manual, so can’t help you with that unfortunately. I did briefly own that binding set up though - the set up is a little difficult to figure out without proper instructions so hopefully you’re able to find some.

Just checking because I couldn’t 100% tell from the photos - do your boots have ISO 5355 sole pads? The reason I swapped out my WRT bindings is that I prefer GripWalk soles and they aren’t compatible with the WRT set up.

hotwinter74

Booting up
Skier
I don’t have the manual, so can’t help you with that unfortunately. I did briefly own that binding set up though - the set up is a little difficult to figure out without proper instructions so hopefully you’re able to find some.

Just checking because I couldn’t 100% tell from the photos - do your boots have ISO 5355 sole pads? The reason I swapped out my WRT bindings is that I prefer GripWalk soles and they aren’t compatible with the WRT set up.
I'm using Nordica Cruise alpine boots, 285mm outsole.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter

Look up the manual for the Atomic X VAR and/or Salomon X LAB bindings. Same bindings, different paint job.

If you are trying to align the boot center with the ski center. Use the lever at the toe piece to move the entire binding back. Each click on the toe is 7 mm.

This is old thread on the Salomon/Atomic X VAR bindings.

hotwinter74

Booting up
Skier
I finished binding setting last night.
Not like Atomic or Salomon, D20 plate had only one mounting hole set. (no S, M, L)
20230402_063001.jpg

Well, I just feel... I just want to cover the front area.
Something empty or missing...
20230402_062802.jpg

Sponsor