• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2023 Taos Mini-Gathering - Date Poll Added

For those planning to attend, which week would you prefer for a Taos Gathering?

• Jan 28 - Feb 4, 2023

Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Feb 4 - Feb 11, 2023

Votes: 12 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

skiki

Out on the slopes
Skier
Not that there's a poll going yet, but I vote for the earlier week. I already have plans to be there then, and I'm not sure I can pull off two ski weeks in a row, either physically or maritally.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm not sure I can pull off two ski weeks in a row, either physically or maritally.

You really should stop by the ski school desk and ask for a refund. You are not getting the real lesson behind the Taos ski week. :ogcool:

Pat AKA mustski

I can keep a Secret
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
It might be good if this trip happened the week of Feb 5-10.

There will be a large group of SkiDiva people there Jan 28-Feb 4, so instructors will get used up fast with two large groups there at the same time.

Any chance of moving the dates a week later?
I'd sure love that because I'd stay and do two weeks in a row ogsmile.
The official skidiva week is looking like Feb 25 - March 4. I would assume from the above commentaries, that a second group of divas are going earlier. Neither group is large enough to have any effect on the Skitalk plans - and certainly not large enough to “use up” instructors.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I would not worry about the gathering schedule of another forum having a major impact on the availability of ski week instructors. A ski club usually will drop 30 to 70 skiers into the mix. Most ski club stay and ski packages will often included a ski week. I have seen couple ski clubs on the mountain at the same time with no issues with the ski week program.

With the ski clubs, the ski school have advance notice of their trip. If we provide the same courtesy to the ski school, there should be no issues regardless which other groups are present.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
The official skidiva week is looking like Feb 25 - March 4. I would assume from the above commentaries, that a second group of divas are going earlier. Neither group is large enough to have any effect on the Skitalk plans - and certainly not large enough to “use up” instructors.
I guess it depends on how we all behave.

My sense from @LiquidFeet's comment above is that she was simply hoping that the Diva/SkiTalk presence at Taos would end up being stretched over two weeks instead of concentrated into one.

LiquidFeet

instructor
Instructor
I was hoping that my presence at Taos, with friends, would be stretchable to two weeks in a row. Looks like lots of people like the idea of the two groups being there at the same time, though, and I see the benefits of that overlap. It will be fun to ski and socialize together if the two groups share the week.

LiquidFeet

instructor
Instructor
Just to be clear, the group of SkiDiva people coming to Taos that week is not the official SkiDiva group. It's a private group that is loosely associated with TheSkiDiva, and it may not ever be mentioned on that site. Also, now I know that it may be quite small.

I did not realize that and I should not have mentioned it here in the thread as if it were a SkiDiva group. My mistake. I seem to be making more of those lately :doh: .

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
We have a much more liberal approach. If enough of us show up, it's a Gathering.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
If enough of us show up, it's a Gathering.
Pretty sure I can hear Peter Paul and Mary in the background. Not that there's anything wrong with that!

Reactions: mdf

DebbieSue

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm planning to be at Taos that earlier ski week Jan 29-Feb 4. Basically, I identify as "Forum-fluid, non-binary (as in SkiDiva vs. SkiTalk)." I ski with whomever is having fun, where and when it fits my schedule. The more the merrier, I say.

VickieH

Contrarian
Skier
I'm planning to be at Taos that earlier ski week Jan 29-Feb 4. Basically, I identify as "Forum-fluid, non-binary (as in SkiDiva vs. SkiTalk)." I ski with whomever is having fun, where and when it fits my schedule. The more the merrier, I say.
If you can't be with the ones you love, love the ones you're with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January