• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2023 Taos Mini-Gathering: February 4th - February 11th, 2023

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
How can Kevin go without MDF?!??
One of his friends is going for his 30th birthday and invited Kevin to go along (but didn't offer to pay for him, hmpff...).
I've met the friend a few times... nice guy. Haven't met the 3rd guy going on the trip.

I told him he should reach out to you for on-the-ground background, but I guess he didn't.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
One of his friends is going for his 30th birthday and invited Kevin to go along (but didn't offer to pay for him, hmpff...).

Thought you had taught him to hang out with a better class of losers.

I told him he should reach out to you for on-the-ground background, but I guess he didn't.

Awww c'mon. At that age, they know everything.

ScottB

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Or they (don't) think "What could go wrong"

Its nice to live in a 3 ft world, till it isn't.

I think I survived that age because I was adaptable, not because I was prepared or smart.

PisteOff

Jeff
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
A few members of the “Ministry of Bad Decisions”. Caught outside of their normal Taos habitat they had reconvened at Snowmass to continue their masochist pursuits. Here, exhausted, they are seen reflecting on their last great idea. 90FC6E5F-F89F-4064-BF45-447BA5482851.jpeg

ScottB

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I wonder who those guys could be?? (don't tell anyone, but I know the answer) ;)

PisteOff

Jeff
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The best picture from last years Taos get together has to be this. More rare than a Bigfoot sighting is capturing a photo of the highly elusive Taos Tree Goblin. Well camouflaged he hides in plain sight….
381F9760-60A2-49C5-BBBA-9CC281E692B8.jpeg

KingGrump

Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
A few members of the “Ministry of Bad Decisions”.

It's the Ministry of Bad Ideas chaired by @mdf . It may have been a bad decision on their part skiing with me but skiing the K Chute wasn't a bad idea.

The beauty of Taos is you do not have to come up with bad ideas like skiing at many other places. The bad ideas abound and they will find you.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
A few members of the “Ministry of Bad Decisions”. Caught outside of their normal Taos habitat they had reconvened at Snowmass to continue their masochist pursuits. Here, exhausted, they are seen reflecting on their last great idea. View attachment 182137
I feel the need to explain what is actually going on in this picture. These are the bleacher seats across the gully from the base of the pitch, with a perfect view of others coming down the chute above. That's why Chunder and I are looking out across the chasm, and why we're all sitting down, as it were. (Not sure what mdf is thinking.) We came down ahead of the crowd so that we'd have a good spectator viewpoint of the ensuing carnage.

KingGrump

Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
You are there instead of preparing to ski at Stratton when it opens?

We'll heading back after Thanksgiving. Trying to avoid family. ;)

The house suffered a lot damages from last years early season wind storm and power outage. Just getting thing ship shape before season starts.

Last edited:

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
We'll heading back after Thanksgiving. Trying to avoid family. ;)

The house suffered a lot damage from last years early season wind storm and power outage. Just getting thing ship shape before season starts.
It would be easier just to rent from someone you aren't related to...

KingGrump

Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
It would be easier just to rent from someone you aren't related to...

22 years of rental. Lots of holidays. Many for the season. Hopefully, many more to come.

Got to pay the piper somewhere along the way.
The world is not and should not be one way streets only.