• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2023 Taos Mini-Gathering: February 4th - February 11th, 2023

Matt Merritt

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sorry to have to relate that my wife just got offered two great horse show judging jobs during our gathering dates and I'm going to have to bow out. For now it's looking like I'll have the week of February 20 to do my Taos ski week. Disappointed it'll be without my new SkiTalk gang but I'll be looking forward to following all the daily reports.

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
You can thank us because we leave NM for Winter Park tomorrow. They have been getting snow but not now... it is coming here instead. You are welcome!

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
You might have gotten the better week still- if I'm not mistaken winds were also mentioned for this coming week, and I'm guessing that one day of lift holds was already plenty for you ;)

Unlike Tahoe, Taos doesn't get many wind hold days. Maybe couple in the hundreds of days I have on the hill. Perhaps they have gotten soft with new management.

ski4snacks

Booting up
Skier
You might have gotten the better week still- if I'm not mistaken winds were also mentioned for this coming week, and I'm guessing that one day of lift holds was already plenty for you ;)
Yea and an almost private ski week doesn’t hurt either.