• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2023 Taos Mini-Gathering: February 4th - February 11th, 2023

locknload

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Conditions were fantastic yesterday - we especially loved Cache Stash and North American. El Funko was rocky here and there, especially the higher traverse. Our last run was Longhorn and while the conditions were amazing, wow that was loooongggg on tired legs. Hoping to get back to Kachina and the ridge today.
Looks amazing!!! Have a blast.

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I won't be here on the 25th. Heading north to Winter Park for a month. But take @Pasha up on his offer. He is a good skier and a nice fellow; you will have fun. Late March could be full-on spring skiing. So watch the weather.
It will have to be next season, just book an AirBnB in Taos for the full week, then I will be done skiing for the season. Have a good time in winter park, my old stomping ground, a month there sounds awesome!!

Lvovsky /Pasha/Pavel

i hiked the ridge... twice...
Skier
I just reminded my wife I have one last ski trip planned, she said "yeah yeah, then it is fishing, then it is dog training, then it is hunting..." :roflmao:

I plan on skiing Taos Sunday 3/19 thru Saturday 3/25. I was thinking maybe Sunday trying Sante Fe because that is blackout day for my Value Taos pass, but I'm leaning now for just a full dose of Taos.
That week is a spring break in Albuquerque public schools. There may be some crowds and I may be on kid duty so e of the days. Santa Fe on a Sunday should be doable tho. If the snow is really good, I may drive up to Taos.

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
That week is a spring break in Albuquerque public schools.
The Taos Value pass black out week is next week, not the week after that I'm going (Albuquerque spring break). You would think next week (value pass black out week) would be the busiest week. Last season I watch all March, and it seemed to never really got that busy.

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I did this analysis in 2021, looked at 321 US colleges and spring break week. 4 weeks in a month typically, the second week is the busy one. Same week blacked out this year, I'm going 3rd week. Last year I went last week, and snow was really melting fast, so that is why I'm picking 3rd week as I did. Want to hit the quality snow of the season, can't wait!!

sping break 2021 - us.JPG

@KingGrump get ready to make some turns with me!!!

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Is that a threat? :ogcool:
Oh gezz you always over complicating things. No it is not a threat, but I am bringing my tap measure for our NASTAR run argument. If I could just win one argument on this forum I would be happy.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Oh gezz you always over complicating things. No it is not a threat, but I am bringing my tap measure for our NASTAR run argument. If I could just win one argument on this forum I would be happy.
Win one? Sure. Last word? Forget it.

The key is knowing when to declare victory and vacate the field.

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Hi all. Now that the dates for next year’s mini-gathering have been set I’m starting to think about the trip. I’m thinking of maybe adding a few days before or after the ski week to go cat skiing. It seems like Purgatory might be the closest option. Do any of you Taos regulars know if there are other options?

Tony S

Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Hi all. Now that the dates for next year’s mini-gathering have been set I’m starting to think about the trip. I’m thinking of maybe adding a few days before or after the ski week to go cat skiing. It seems like Purgatory might be the closest option. Do any of you Taos regulars know if there are other options?
I do. And I will tell you about them if you promise to take me with you.

Tony S

Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Wait. What did I miss?

Tony S

Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
^^^ [pssst. I don't think he picked up on the the 'expenses' part of my post.]

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
No official thread yet - there will be this week - but the dates will be Feb 3rd - 10th, 2024.
Does that mean the official 2024 National Gathering thread is being posted this week as well?

Sponsor

Staff online