• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2023 Taos Mini-Gathering: February 4th - February 11th, 2023

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Do they have a clearance sale on the old snow before they restock?

The old stock usually go on sale in May. Cash and carry. Final sale. No return. No exchange. No refund. No nothing.

PisteOff

Jeff
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
All the usual suspects +

This will be my 5th consecutive year. Even 2021 COVID year @ChunderBlunder and I went for 3 days during what would normally be “the week”. It was pretty dead.

Snowfan

aka Eric Nelson
Skier
From Jerez link above....

"What is the timeline for construction and reopening?

Interior dismantling has already begun, including a painstaking archiving that will allow us to recreate a replica of the dining room and bar in the new build – utilizing the same hearth, the same timbers, and placing art in the same places on the walls. Demolition will begin in summer 2022. Construction is expected to begin in 2023 with an estimated opening in late 2025."

Really nice to read that. ogsmile

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
From Jerez link above....

"What is the timeline for construction and reopening?

Interior dismantling has already begun, including a painstaking archiving that will allow us to recreate a replica of the dining room and bar in the new build – utilizing the same hearth, the same timbers, and placing art in the same places on the walls. Demolition will begin in summer 2022. Construction is expected to begin in 2023 with an estimated opening in late 2025."

Really nice to read that. ogsmile
Agree. Especially if they fix the bathroom off the bar so that it no longer accommodates only people from Flatland.

Not going to assume that staying or eating there will be accessible to those in my income bracket, though.

tromano

Goin' the way they're pointed...
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Madeline and me were talking about fave pizza the other day. I mentioned the lodge pizza at Snowbasin and she mentioned the lodge pizza at Taos. Taos isn't a pie, but in rectangles. It's crazy thick crust that is both fluffy and crispy, a sure sign of expert skills. It stays warm outside for an unnaturally long time. Have very good sauce, cheese, as well. Also surprisingly easy on the wallet.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Are you pretending you don't know what I'm talking about? That 15 sq. foot mens room where if three people are pissing their butt cheeks are all touching, and everyone has to be done before anyone can manage to get the door open to leave?

KingGrump

Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Are you pretending you don't know what I'm talking about? That 15 sq. foot mens room where if three people are pissing their butt cheeks are all touching, and everyone has to be done before anyone can manage to get the door open to leave?

That's part of the charm.

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Agree. Especially if they fix the bathroom off the bar so that it no longer accommodates only people from Flatland.

Not going to assume that staying or eating there will be accessible to those in my income bracket, though.
As long as the bar and that wonderful round fireplace still is.

KingGrump

Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter

I am in the midst of replacing a boiler. Thought about your post and this song from Fred came to mind.

Last edited:

Sponsor