• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2023 Taos Mini-Gathering: February 4th - February 11th, 2023

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Don't use it all up before I get there!

I will certainly save some for you. However, can't speak for the race week crew that is rolling in this weekend.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Look at all that snow. How am I supposed to run gates with all that fresh snow :nono:

No worries, mate. They'll scrape it all off to the side and inject the slope just for you.

Custom ordered clear, cold & sunny weather for your first race week.
1674277384003.png

Last edited:

Olesya C

Always learning
Skier
The webcam for the Ridge looks great, many people hiking and skiing fresh powder. I am stalking the webcams a bit before I get on with my day.

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
Skied 3 days in WC, then 3 days in Taos, drove back home Saturday. Last day Friday skied with the Grumps in the afternoon, it was great skiing with them, I could not get enough, we skied till the lifts close. Already got my wife all buttered up for the next trip, really looking forward to the gathering and ski week. Pic below of me and the Grump’s, very little wind, the snow coming down so awesomely, the afternoon and skiing got better and better with each run.

0B33254F-1091-46D0-B30A-A2A7A483220A.jpeg

TS
dbostedo

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
It's warm enough to sit outside for lunch? I though the temps were single digits.
The sun at Taos is extra warm. It's all that extra gravity they have - it attracts the sunlight around noon time and keeps it warm for lunch. :ogbiggrin:

Slightly more seriously, I find I can be out in the sun in the west in much colder temps than back east. I think it's the thinner, dryer air - and often less wind when it's sunny.

No idea what the temp was in that pic though.

pais alto

me encanta el país alto
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The sun at Taos is extra warm. It's all that extra gravity they have - it attracts the sunlight around noon time and keeps it warm for lunch. :ogbiggrin:

Slightly more seriously, I find I can be out in the sun in the west in much colder temps than back east. I think it's the thinner, dryer air - and often less wind when it's sunny.

No idea what the temp was in that pic though.
And you’re a lot closer to the sun at 9000 ft. :ogbiggrin:

Sponsor