• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2023 Taos Mini-Gathering: February 4th - February 11th, 2023

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Current plan is to drive up early Sunday to meet up at 9:00. Friday the 10th is doable too. Trying to squeeze either Monday or Tuesday too

update: may be my plan will not work out due to Ikon reservations unavailability
Jeez @Pasha we've been trying to meet for two or three years now. You mentioned every day except the two days we are there. Oh well, maybe in Santa Fe.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Pasha :wave:. Be good to see you again.

Pasha

i hiked the ridge... twice...
Skier
Jeez @Pasha we've been trying to meet for two or three years now. You mentioned every day except the two days we are there. Oh well, maybe in Santa Fe.
Looking at the forecast, Wednesday/Thursday might be a better plan. I’ll figure it out soon enough.

locknload

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I don't have experience at Taos, but at other areas with reservations I've been able to find one the night before and/or morning of when previously reservations weren't available.
Awesome....thx. Its hard for me to keep straight which places still require reservations and which do not. Deer Valley...which gives you 7 days on Ikon has a policy that Ikon pass holders are guaranteed to be able to use their days even if the mtn is sold out and that include being able to use buddy passes. Much better policy as there some should some privilege to buy a pass.

locknload

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
No experience, but I doubt it. Otherwise why have reservations? I had a pass problem at Loon where it wouldn't scan at the lift, and the first thing they asked at customer service was whether or not I had a reservation (which I did).

I don't know how dynamic they are - like if more are likely to be available closer or day-of.
This is interesting and came up two season at JH during Covid. They were requiring reservations at the time. In talking with a number of folks...reservations were more theoretical. I dunno. There is a statement on the Ikon site when you make your Taos reservations that you risk suspending your pass for 30 days if you ski without a reservation. I'm gonna keep checking the site and mosey up to the ticket office on Sunday afternoon and see what they say. I certainly don't want to lose my other 4 days for a few hours of skiing on Sunday. I don't like the variance of the reservation policies across the Ikon affiliated resorts.

TS
dbostedo

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
@Gary Stolt
The GaryMobile, this morning at Solitude, UT, tomorrow at Taos, NM!
View attachment 191244
Since @Gary Stolt is arriving at Taos tomorrow, I figured that was the sign to start up the Gathering trip report thread...

Please post your reports and pictures from Taos here:

Can't wait to get there!

MarkP

Saturday, and Saturday, and Saturday...
Skier
Dave and I got into Taos town late last night. Skied Angel Fire today, great warm-up for the days ahead at TSV.

If anyone is interested in getting together for dinner and/or drinks let me know.

locknload

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I was a bit tied up with two friends today and basically skiing solo tomorrow. Easiest time to find you is at lunch or early afternoon? We went to Bavaria house today which was fun. Where will you all be?

TS
dbostedo

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I was a bit tied up with two friends today and basically skiing solo tomorrow. Easiest time to find you is at lunch or early afternoon? We went to Bavaria house today which was fun. Where will you all be?
Meet up just before 9. Or about 1 or a bit after. Both at lift 1... look for ski talk stickers.

Poolskier Vinny

Red Bull Athlete Wannabe
Skier
Canadian contingent arrived today (Adele, Maria, Steve and I...staying on hill at Rio Hondo condos). We're not doing the ski week but hoping to see y'all. We'll swing by before the lifts spin down in the locker room and/or around that Lift 1 area and try to connect.

I'll be in orange helmet, goggles and jacket...and black pants with maple on em...flag me down if ya see me. We are definitely doing après every day too!

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Good news/bad news.

Good: My DH's Physical Therapist had a cancellation and can see him this week.
Bad: It is Thursday one of the days we planned to be there.

I am still coming up but will be solo sadly.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I hope to meet and ski with every skitalker, I didn't carve this week out for nothing.
I want to meet you and eat some of your food. @Andy Mink agrees.

Reactions: Tex

Sponsor

Staff online