• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Arizona/New Mexico 2023 Taos Mini-Gathering Report and Pics

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Lunch today was a shifting cast of characters. @aveski , on a rest day, stopped by briefly to chat. Not in pic. Also not in pic - empty chair in foreground with white coat - is @DebbieSue , due to bad timing on my part. Otherwise, from left to right, we have @Dean , @mdf , @Olesya C , Margaret (friend of Debbie) , Alice (daughter of Margaret), Woman Whose Name I Forget, If I Ever Learned It (friend of Alice).

Margaret impressed the hell out of me by reciting
- compellingly - the St. Crispin's Day speech from Henry V on the Kachina lift.

After lunch @cosmicplanks joined us for a couple of excellent runs.

PXL_20230204_201013287_exported_1903_1675558617637-01.jpeg

Olesya C

Always learning
Skier
Lunch today was a shifting cast of characters. @aveski , on a rest day, stopped by briefly to chat. Not in pic. Also not in pic - empty chair in foreground with white coat - is @DebbieSue , due to bad timing on my part. Otherwise, from left to right, we have @Dean , @mdf , @Olesya C , Margaret (friend of Debbie) , Alice (daughter of Margaret), Woman Whose Name I Forget, If I Ever Learned It (friend of Alice).

Margaret impressed the hell out of me by reciting
- compellingly - the St. Crispin's Day speech from Henry V on the Kachina lift.

After lunch @cosmicplanks joined us for a couple of excellent runs.

View attachment 191513
That was a super fun day! The woman in blue next to Alice is, Nora, daughter of our ski week instructor.

dusty

Getting on the lift
Skier
I’m sorry to be missing this, but happy coverage is in. I’m slowly heading down from a Canada trip and will be in Taos the second half of Feb. Looking forward to getting back to the center of the universe.

skiki

Out on the slopes
Skier
Last time I was in Taos, I picked up a plastic pass sleeve that clicks onto my helmet strap. Totally worth the change it cost. It beats passes flapping around the face or opening and closing the jacket on a cold day. Have fun everyone. We’re going with the divas this year but we’ll join you all again next year!
I actually have one of those that I got as swag at the Boston Snowbound Expo this year... but forgot to put in my boot bag before heading to TSV. You can just pick up a plastic wicket thing to attach your pass to a pocket zip. I ended up copying some kids and have my pass on a lanyard (free at the ticket office) , and then stick it under my goggle strap on the side of my helmet with the barcode sticking up for scanning. I have a Taos weekday pass and an Ikon base for weekends since I'm doing 2 ski weeks this year, and it made it easy for switching them out.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January