• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Arizona/New Mexico 2023 Taos Mini-Gathering Report and Pics

Pasha

i hiked the ridge... twice...
Skier
I misread @Pasha - I mistakenly thought he was asking about Santa Fe. My (cheap) pass at Taos is blacked out this week.
We’ll need to ski Santa Fe sometime in hero snow. Need your help navigating the shoots at the Big Rocks. Got myself in a pickle at number 7 last Sunday. Had to slide backwards to safety before skiing down past the sign towards Pope Snow.

I did a quick google search on those shoots with no luck.

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
Never said them Texans were smart. :duck: :roflmao: :roflmao:
Hey now wait a sec, why fly when you can drive? Your burn a day traveling no matter what, you don’t have to mess with security, lost luggage, transfers to airport, rental car…? Oh I forgot, being on time? I rest my case.

btw, I know I will not win this argument, especially against the King. Why am I even posting? It’s past my bedtime, I need to go to bed.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Hey now wait a sec, why fly when you can drive? Your burn a day traveling no what, you don’t have to mess with security, lost luggage, transfers to airport, rental car…? Oh I forgot, being on time? I rest my case.

btw, I know I will not win this argument, especially against the King. Why am I even posting? It’s past my bedtime, I need to go to bed.

No worries, mate.
I am a driver too, nowadays. :beercheer:

Reactions: Tex

James

Out There
Instructor
Hey now wait a sec, why fly when you can drive? Your burn a day traveling no matter what, you don’t have to mess with security, lost luggage, transfers to airport, rental car…? Oh I forgot, being on time? I rest my case.

How long is the drive, and do you do it in one day?

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
How long is the drive, and do you do it in one day?
I do not like to go more than 10 hours, a big reason I like Taos, it is 10 hours from my house in Dallas. I can leave at 6am, and get to my room 3pm just in time to check in (I again an hour with time zone change). If I go to Colorado, that is normally 14 hours. I have driven that strait a million times but I do not like to. My preference is leave my house after work 5pm, drive 6 hours, get a room or sleep in my camper for the night drive the rest of the way in the morning. I love driving, it is very relaxing.

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Looks like Taos got the goods. 8" overnight and dumping all day with a big forecast.

SSF not as much.

I am nursing an already weeks long cold but tried to go up to SSF anyhow. A total $hitshow on the road. Spring break crowd with summer tires spinning out on ice. Backed up to Cottams in Hyde Park. Gave up and turned around. Drivers sitting on their brakes crawling down white knuckled, don't know to give a little gas on the uphills making a dreadful mess.

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
but I’m sure tomorrow morning it will be a different story
I normal powder day I would say yes, but a black out week not sure. It will be interesting to see.

Sponsor

Staff online