• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Arizona/New Mexico 2023 Taos Mini-Gathering Report and Pics

LiquidFeet

instructor
Instructor
I'm missing all of you too.

I've had consistently low O2 levels (lowest 82) for a while, have been gasping for breath. Walking around has been getting difficult. Then I started running a fever suddenly one night. Mogul Medical checked me out and sent me home with an O2 machine to use for two nights to keep 02 levels from plummeting while asleep.

They confirmed I have a case of FluB, not Covid, and X-ray confirmed I have a bit of atypical bacterial pneumonia which they say is causing the low oxygen. I think the altitude is also contributing. I've been weak, gasping for air, dizzy at times, and am now on meds. I'm taking it easy as my body returns to normal. I'm now sleeping down in Taos town and my 02 is back up without a cannula in my nose. Temps have returned to normal.

I expect I'll be back on snow tomorrow and taking it easy. I'm not taking a ski week this time around although I took one last week, and I've missed 4 days of skiing due to these troubles.

I'm certainly looking forward to meeting up tomorrow and getting back on snow.

Last edited:

MissySki

Rogue Assassin of Bad Puns.
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm missing all of you too.

I've had consistently low O2 levels (lowest 82) for a while, have been gasping for breath. Walking around has been getting difficult. Then I started running a fever suddenly one night. Mogul Medical checked me out and sent me home with an O2 machine to use for two nights to keep 02 levels from plummeting while asleep.

They confirmed I have a case of FluB, not Covid, and X-ray confirmed I have a bit of atypical bacterial pneumonia which they say is causing the low oxygen. I think the altitude is also contributing. I've been weak, gasping for air, dizzy at times, and am now on meds. I'm taking it easy as my body returns to normal. I'm now sleeping down in Taos town and my 02 is back up without a cannula in my nose. Temps have returned to normal.

I expect I'll be back on snow tomorrow and taking it easy. I'm not taking a ski week this time around although I took one last week, and I've missed 4 days of skiing due to these troubles.

I'm certainly looking forward to meeting up tomorrow and getting back on snow.
Oh my! Hope you feel better soon, that all sounds like a horrible ordeal.

skiki

Out on the slopes
Skier
I was going to write and check in on you, glad to hear you think you'll be up to some gentle skiing tomorrow.

Pasha

i hiked the ridge... twice...
Skier
I drove up for the day to see the skitalkers again - that was nice!
The snow conditions were more crappy than nice. As in, crappy skiers were unlikely to have nice time. Groomer day for this skier. We need some fresh snow.

Dean

Lawn chair sledder extraordinaire
Skier
And a couple stills before I tried that whole video thing...

Attachments

• 20230205_161313.jpg
    20230205_161313.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 32
  • 20230205_161221.jpg
    20230205_161221.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 37

Sponsor

Staff online