• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Arizona/New Mexico 2023 Taos Mini-Gathering Report and Pics

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
And now I know what a barrel stave is.

Our Taos collection of barrel staves.

1675732415196.png

I was on a red pair today.
@Unpiste walked out with a pair this afternoon for tomorrow.
We really should have a FIS SL day during the gathering. Everyone into the bumps with FIS SL. It'll be fun. :ogbiggrin:

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
So DebbieSue never got on a pair due to GripWalk? Sad.

The solution looking for a problem strikes again.

No. she missed out. She is thinking about Mammoth in May.

Olesya C

Always learning
Skier
@MissySki I was there all week, I was on 94 mm DPS which did well off piste, for groomers I wished for a narrower stiffer ski. I demoed Kendo in bumps and groomers and had really enjoyed it so I would say the Blaze would be good if there is not a lot of new snow right before we go for Diva Week. I will be there too btw. With that said I saw a local on guy on Sheeva 9 dropping them off to tune and he said he loved them in all conditions. This is probably not very helpful as compared to what everyone else said already. :)

DebbieSue

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
So DebbieSue never got on a pair due to GripWalk? Sad.
Sad, but true. . .
To @MissySki, I had a moguls breakthrough on the day I switched from BP88 to Liberty V76w, both 159. Coincidence….dunno. The instructors there like students to be on shorter, narrower skis generally. Sadly, I had no such breakthrough as far as carving.
So, another vote for Blaze 86.
Not a flake fell during my 8 ski days, but by New England standards conditions were fabulous.

MissySki

Rogue Assassin of Bad Puns.
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Sad, but true. . .
To @MissySki, I had a moguls breakthrough on the day I switched from BP88 to Liberty V76w, both 159. Coincidence….dunno. The instructors there like students to be on shorter, narrower skis generally. Sadly, I had no such breakthrough as far as carving.
So, another vote for Blaze 86.
Not a flake fell during my 8 ski days, but by New England standards conditions were fabulous.

Love that you had a breakthrough in bumps!! Hoping for one of those myself. :)

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
Headed up #2, little more up run before ski week Session.

D9B30D2A-9277-4B35-842B-461CCE146D95.jpeg A056E3EF-C243-4C5A-84E7-6787186FCF24.jpeg

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid