• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Arizona/New Mexico 2023 Taos Mini-Gathering Report and Pics

Snowfan

aka Eric Nelson
Skier
Just a light inch or so on top of hard pack and wonderful in the trees still soft and a bit fluffy the further you search.
No real new snow today?
The groomers are a little bit sketchy when you hit slippery spots from the man-made snow guns. The snow in the trees is all natural and skis much better.

Pasha

i hiked the ridge... twice...
Skier
I’m going to ski Santa Fe tomorrow since the got 5” today and then will drive up to Taos for the night. Will see you all on Thursday.

Anyone interested in dinner tomorrow night (Wednesday) in Taos?

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
My favorite restaurant….

3EDF4D6A-3B89-43FC-A764-CD88AF2F2152.jpeg

I have always said for 40 years you know a good restaurant when the owner is working the floor. She will be the first person you see.

600C19A6-DF18-4BC3-8156-5D8061F1B3EC.jpeg

My favorite, chimichanga….

2060374F-D00D-47CB-9F79-98ADE7DD28B9.jpeg

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Sorry for the late notice, but barring fresh snow I'm planning to take the afternoon off after lunch on the mountain and check out the hot springs at Ojo Caliente. I think a couple others are interested too. After six straight days of skiing I'm feeling a bit beat up. Local @Snowfan , with whom I skied this afternoon, recommends it highly.

gski

Booting up
Skier
I heard from a friend who lived in Taos for 5 seasons many years ago that those hot springs are very relaxing and well worth the trip. Hope they're excellent!

Unrelated, but also suggested is a morning breakfast burrito for those driving in from Abe's Cantina in Arroyo Seco, though looks like they're closed this week: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100040742386432

FlyingAce

Out on the slopes
Skier
Sorry for the late notice, but barring fresh snow I'm planning to take the afternoon off after lunch on the mountain and check out the hot springs at Ojo Caliente. I think a couple others are interested too. After six straight days of skiing I'm feeling a bit beat up. Local @Snowfan , with whom I skied this afternoon, recommends it highly.
Not sure if they are still doing it but they used to give a discount if you show your ski pass. You can rent a robe and lock for the locker. Would love to know what the new foot soak is about.
I used to go every Wednesday in the winter! I did feel sick (with chills) every evening after visiting Ojo, but would wake up feeling great for another few days of skiing.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I need to tell the real story of this pic. Tex says, "Let me get a shot of this." We all wave for the camera. I can see the image on phone when he presses the shutter button. "Tex," I said, "you need to re-do that shot because my mitten was in front of Dean's face." Tex, without really digesting how it sounded, immediately responds, "That's okay." Needless to say, this is the second take.

Pumba

Out on the slopes
Skier
Tony, you will LOVE it! Splurge and have dinner in the restaurant.

Sponsor

Staff online