• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Arizona/New Mexico 2023 Taos Mini-Gathering Report and Pics

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
I'm going to be at Taos the 19th-24th for the ski week if anyone wants to meet up.
If you see me holler! I’m in all black and have a Taos Mafia patch on my jacket!!

D32035B9-C9FF-48EC-BC0F-600F69C0D34C.jpeg

I don't have the patch yet but I'm gonna get one.

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
Are you doing another ski week?
No not doing another ski week, but I will be working on what I learned in ski week. Skiing a lot of bumps, hope my knee feels good for maybe some hiking. Would like to ski some runs I never skied before, like the top of Hunzinker!

Pasha

i hiked the ridge... twice...
Skier
Still they officially reported 16" today, and 5" yesterday!
O...M....G...

View attachment 197098

Don't drool too much, they forgot to clear it off yesteday, still very nice storm!!

It skied like they got two feet. Bottomless.

Psyco Path felt like Whitefeather. Blitz and Castor felt like easy blue run. Most of the terrain opened after 11am. Bambi Chutes, Sr Arnold, R&R, Ernie’s, Jean’s, $ slot. Kachina was closed even for hiking.

and no powder day craziness. Well.. except me going over the handle bars on the first run when the ski tips dove in doing Whitefeather the fun way with jumps.

View attachment trim.3CFC433E-E16D-4E28-B6C5-5495EB352CF0.MOV

Last edited:

BTaylor

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Skier
I did not expect to see this! Taos published 23/24 Season Pass prices today and they are LOWER than this year's current prices. For an example (I get the senior price), Value is dropping by $185 in 23/24 and Kachina is dropping by over $200. Meanwhile, A-Basin is raising prices for all 23/24 passes and has dropped the 3 free Taos (and Bridger) days from their benefits...

Might have to recalculate my 23/24 pass plans.

Reactions: Tex

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I did not expect to see this! Taos published 23/24 Season Pass prices today and they are LOWER than this year's current prices. For an example (I get the senior price), Value is dropping by $185 in 23/24 and Kachina is dropping by over $200.

Taos early season is fairly substantial.
The current price for a 2022/2023 Value Senior Pass is $945. I paid around $715 last year on April 12, 2022. Early purchase for the next season's pass is $760.

Reactions: Tex

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
The current price for a 2022/2023 Value Senior Pass is $945. I paid around $715 last year on April 12, 2022. Early purchase for the next season's pass is $760.
As it is, you singlehandedly wear out way more than your share of their snow. I was sure they'd have a special "KG" clause in there to prevent you from getting discounts as well.

[Expected response: "I don't wear out anything. In fact I reshape the snow into flowing dance forms, leaving it better than I found it for all who follow behind. They should pay me to ski there."]

TS
dbostedo

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I don't wear out anything. In fact I reshape the snow into flowing dance forms, leaving it better than I found it for all who follow behind. They should pay me to ski there.
I read this in @KingGrump 's voice, and laughed and laughed....

:D

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
I bought same day, adult, $785

BTaylor

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Skier
Thanks for this.

For my Colorado-based mountains (A-Basin, Wolf Creek, Epic Local) I'm used to initial pricing for season passes as being prominently tagged as "early bird rates". To drive purchase commitments, of course. Didn't see that with Taos marketing yesterday. Maybe that's a New Mexico thing?

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Really, really late post from 2/6 of @SKI-3PO and @Tony S coming down Oster(-ish)

Yeah, our class must have run into yours? Or maybe not. Who are Justin and Scott talking to?

Why does it all look like a blue run?

SKI-3PO

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Yeah, our class must have run into yours? Or maybe not. Who are Justin and Scott talking to?

Why does it all look like a blue run?
I thought this was from an afternoon non-class time.

And yes, the video makes it look flat.

Sponsor

Staff online