• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Arizona/New Mexico 2023 Taos Mini-Gathering Report and Pics

Pasha

i hiked the ridge... twice...
Skier
Thanks for this.

For my Colorado-based mountains (A-Basin, Wolf Creek, Epic Local) I'm used to initial pricing for season passes as being prominently tagged as "early bird rates". To drive purchase commitments, of course. Didn't see that with Taos marketing yesterday. Maybe that's a New Mexico thing?
Taos pass price now is the “early bird rate”. They’ll pause the sale in April and will restart in the fall at $200 or so extra

Pasha

i hiked the ridge... twice...
Skier
Putting myself out there for MA in ski school thead.
Lower part of Longhorn after enjoying R&R:

Snowfan

aka Eric Nelson
Skier
This is possibly going to be a massive return to winter cold temps and storms. Unbelievable conditions right before Taos closes in a few weeks. 100-in base here we come.

I'll be looking for @FlyingAce @KingGrump @Tex @Pasha and anyone else who might be here. Monday through Thursday storm pass for me this week after spring break block.

Been having a blast at Crested Butte.
IMG20230312130355.jpg

Last edited:

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Putting myself out there for MA in ski school thead.
Lower part of Longhorn after enjoying R&R:

Got to say, you are much braver than you look. :roflmao:

Perhaps, brave is the wrong word. :ogcool:

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
Value pass is good for today, they just made the changed because lines are not long!!:yahoo::wag::golfclap::daffy:

Neurodrive

Getting on the lift
Skier
I had a great first day of the ski week and can already see why so many of you end up coming back here for this. Thanks @Tex for showing me around, it was fun following your smooth skiing. I have to laugh at both of us telling each other we need to take it easy since it's the first day, but we still kept ending up in the bumps.

I may look at demoing skis for the upcoming storm. Any suggestions for the conditions we are likely to have and a recommended shop?

FlyingAce

Out on the slopes
Skier
I had a great first day of the ski week and can already see why so many of you end up coming back here for this. Thanks @Tex for showing me around, it was fun following your smooth skiing. I have to laugh at both of us telling each other we need to take it easy since it's the first day, but we still kept ending up in the bumps.

I may look at demoing skis for the upcoming storm. Any suggestions for the conditions we are likely to have and a recommended shop?
Le Ski Mastery is my go to shop!!!

Sponsor

Staff online