• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Sponsored 2024 Blizzard Rustler and Sheeva Collection Overview

https://www.skiessentials.com/

SkiEssentials

Slashing Turns and Prices
SkiTalk Sponsor

Blizzard just announced their updated 2024 Rustler and Sheeva collections and we're excited to share our thoughts and experiences on them thus far! A pretty major change to these skis from a construction perspective, but it makes a lot of sense as they leverage the success of their True Blend Woodcore. If you get a chance to test them, let us know what you think!​

Kyle

Out on the slopes
Skier
Thanks @SkiEssentials. Great video and information but made me sad to see the conditions back east. You guys should get Volkl to fly you out to Sun Valley again this year!

side-swipe

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
As someone who has the 2023 that they just purchased and are easily returnable, is it worth easily swapping out for the 2024?

MissySki

Rogue Assassin of Bad Puns.
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I have skied the Sheeva 9 for years now as a mostly daily driver in the East. It’s super versatile at 92 underfoot.. and I don’t necessarily know that these changes will add to that. I actually bought a back up of last year’s model to keep in my closet until my current ones are worn out. That was in preparation for when they finally changed things up. Haha

Chambski

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
All they needed to do was keep the 9 in the 92 waist width. East coast skiers are going to be disappointed losing their playful charger…

MissySki

Rogue Assassin of Bad Puns.
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
All they needed to do was keep the 9 in the 92 waist width. East coast skiers are going to be disappointed losing their playful charger…
I agree!

zircon

Out on the slopes
Skier
Is it bad that I kind of want to add the Rustler/Sheeva 9 (actually particularly the Sheeva if it’s truly a bit friendlier and okay fine because of the top sheet) to my soft snow fun ski demo list? Intrigued by a couple mm more waist width and new sizing breaks.

lisamamot

Lisa MA MOT
Skier
Is it bad that I kind of want to add the Rustler/Sheeva 9 (actually particularly the Sheeva if it’s truly a bit friendlier and okay fine because of the top sheet) to my soft snow fun ski demo list? Intrigued by a couple mm more waist width and new sizing breaks.
I hope to back-to-back demo the 2024 Sheeva 9 174 with my Sheeva 9 172...finding that length at a demo though is usually a crap shoot for me, and trying the Rustler 9 174 isn't going to be a close enough comparison anymore as they widened the construction gap between the two. I am curious if I will be unhappy with the waist width change on the snow, or if that was more of a reaction to reading about the changes. While it is 4mm wider than before, it has the same turn radius. Hmmmm.

zircon

Out on the slopes
Skier
I’m hoping to get on a 168 in both. I had an OG Rustler 10 (the grey one) in a 164 that I loved, but sold last year because I wanted something a hair longer and a teeny bit narrower for the job I wanted it to do. Not sure I would have got along as well with the beefed up second gen Rustler. So the new Sheeva, on paper at least…

snoroqc

Getting on the lift
Skier
I really like my 2015 buchwacker. What is the successor? Hustle, rustler 9 2023 or 2024? Buchwacker was just a fun ski. Good everywhere, in the trees, bump, etc. Quick edge to edge.

Larry

Out on the slopes
Skier
I really like my 2015 buchwacker. What is the successor? Hustle, rustler 9 2023 or 2024? Buchwacker was just a fun ski. Good everywhere, in the trees, bump, etc. Quick edge to edge.
Oh yeah, I still have 2 of them. I think 1 is the first one(2012?) and the 2015?. Yes, fun lightweight ski with decent edge hold

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January