• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2024 Gear, What's New and Hot!

givethepigeye

Really, just Rob will do
Skier
Blister vid helped me "see" it.

I just met a guy here yesterday just like this. Die hards, both of you!
Just looked at it - I guess it’s a ”pivot”. The best part about that video was the new on the better front seal over the toes - if that goes in the RS, might be reason to get yet another backup, duck tape isnt cheap any more.

but yes, I just am old enough to know what I like and less tolerance for stuff I don’t. Time is short.

jwilli

Getting off the lift
Skier
The BOA seems to do what it's supposed to do. Rustlers are at the top of my demo list at WWSRA next month.

Seems like this is a boot release year, compared to last year with more new ski offerings.

Awalkspoiled

Putting on skis
Skier
Head and Salomon have clearly decided to put the focus, at least in terms of graphics, on the skier not the ski. As in "Wow, that guy skis really well for someone on rentals!"

I've heard similar comments about me and my i-Titans (which I kinda love, by the way, in spite of the graphics) and the new lineups are even duller looking.

Jeronimo

Out on the slopes
Skier
Anyone ever spray painted their skis because they hated the graphics? Curious if it was successful and didn't just flake off after a few flexes.

Asking for a friend...

Bruno Schull

Getting off the lift
Skier
Anybody skied the Kastle ZX line? Thoughts? I'm intrigued by the new ZX 92...

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Anybody skied the Kastle ZX line? Thoughts? I'm intrigued by the new ZX 92...
The only ZX92's at this point are the shorter length, 172cm IIRC. Light, lively and very jibby.

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Anyone ever spray painted their skis because they hated the graphics? Curious if it was successful and didn't just flake off after a few flexes.

Asking for a friend...
I would just get a vinyl wrap for them.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier

Asking for a friend...

Yes. It's all in the prep.

If you can get automotive bumper paint, it's miles better for UV resistance and flex, but if you prep properly and don't overspray, you can get good results with hardware store rattlecans*.

*excepting some whites and clears that yellow fast.

Jeronimo

Out on the slopes
Skier
Yes. It's all in the prep.

If you can get automotive bumper paint, it's miles better for UV resistance and flex, but if you prep properly and don't overspray, you can get good results with hardware store rattlecans*.

*excepting some whites and clears that yellow fast.
That's good to hear. I may not actually do it but i'm oh so tempted to. Added bonus of covering up the skis is hiding the brand, significantly less concern of theft when the giant STOCKLI isn't front and center on the tips.

Sponsor

Staff online

• dbostedo
    Asst. Gathermeister
  • Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
  • Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January