• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

California/Nevada 2024 National Gathering Tahoe Live Trip Report

TS
dbostedo

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
A few of my pics from today...

Booting up
Tahoe Gathering 2024 002.JPG

The sun was trying so hard to come out early on
Tahoe Gathering 2024 014.JPG

After early lunch group
Tahoe Gathering 2024 017.JPG

Looking down toward the base
Tahoe Gathering 2024 020.JPG

SkiTalker ridge
Tahoe Gathering 2024 032.JPG

@Vince with @Unpiste coming behind
Tahoe Gathering 2024 035.JPG

@Jim Kenney with @John Webb coming behind
Tahoe Gathering 2024 037.JPG

@SKI-3PO with son Matthew following
Tahoe Gathering 2024 041.JPG

@theNitza

Tahoe Gathering 2024 042.JPG

TS
dbostedo

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Just wanted to point out that with a 24" report this morning, Palisades has reported 96" (8 feet) of snow in the last 4 days (Alpine Meadows, "only" 91"). With a bit more likely reported tomorrow and Wednesday. Crazy.

Didn't actually ski that deep at Alpine Meadows today... really consolidated coverage actually. I can't imagine what was exposed before all the snow came in. (I mean, I can, because I've been there before in different conditions, but... you know... it's just an expression. :P )

pipestem

Out on the slopes
Skier
Just wanted to point out that with a 24" report this morning, Palisades has reported 96" (8 feet) of snow in the last 4 days (Alpine Meadows, "only" 91"). With a bit more likely reported tomorrow and Wednesday. Crazy.

Didn't actually ski that deep at Alpine Meadows today...

Well. I fell down once. When I was standing still. I leaned on my pole. It sunk to my grip. It felt like 24 then.

TS
dbostedo

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Well. I fell down once. When I was standing still. I leaned on my pole. It sunk to my grip. It felt like 24 then.
Yeah... I was able to push my pole down to the grip in places... but it took some force, and my skis didn't sink there.

Sinecure

Everyone's fav Jewish Santa
Instructor
I just came to post some of the pics I took of you guys. I see Phil beat me to it.

Great skiing with some of you today. Sorry we didn't connect in the morning, when the snow was less tracked.

I'll be at Alpine again tomorrow and not working. So if anyone wants to ski around on some different terrain (almost certain we'll get more chairs open), track me down.

Jwrags

Aka pwdrhnd
Skier
Great pictures. Looks as if everyone is having fun. @Philpug I like the jacket you are wearing. What brand is it? I couldn't see any identifying logos.

Sponsor