• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2024 New England Gathering discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottB

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Yes, what exactly the MRV or Eastern Townships constitute is part of the question.

• MRV: I was thinking Mad River itself, Sugarbush and/or Bolton. I'm not aware of a great way to get discount Stowe tickets, unless @Erik Timmerman has a stack of vouchers he can sacrifice. I can discounts on my Epic pass, but Stowe still wouldn't be "cheap".
  • Eastern Townships: Some combination of Jay, Sutton, and Orford. (Leaving out Bromont and Owl's Head due to their relative lack of vertical).

Here is how to make Stowe cheap, seems like a a good deal to me.

1697232371582.png

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
Lord Voldemort (aka, Josh) pinged me on Facebook with some great info about the Eastern Township areas. I cleaned it up a bit, but putting it here for perusal:

Owl's Head is legit. I would not skip it. Mini fourrunner, steepest 1300 feet of vert you find anywhere. 13th pitch steep on multiple pitches (*)

Sutton = Mini Jay/MRG hybrid, way more across with less vertical. It feels very much like MRG in how the trees are so open between runs and the runs are so twisty that it end up skiing much bigger.

Orford is the biggest vert but kinda of the most norma besides it weird chondola. it also the furtherest from Jay

Eastern township lift tickets are so cheap that I honenstly think lack of pass should not be a big deal.
  • Owl's head is 60 USD weekend , 50 monday - thursday
  • Sutton is 65 USD
  • Orford is 61 USD

(*) The Fourrunner is the main quad at Stowe. The 13th pitch is the last steep drop on Liftline.

I am highly intrigued about going there.

James

Out There
Instructor
I cleaned it up a bit,
I take it there’s no google translate yet for Josh writing.

All sounds good. Complaints are in proportion to the weather.
I don’t remember too many over last March in Maine. Though talking about next year immediately before the skis were dry might be tacit complaining.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Lord Voldemort (aka, Josh) pinged me on Facebook with some great info about the Eastern Township areas. I cleaned it up a bit, but putting it here for perusal:

(*) The Fourrunner is the main quad at Stowe. The 13th pitch is the last steep drop on Liftline.

I am highly intrigued about going there.
There you go then: Jay, Sutton, Owl's Head.

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
There you go then: Jay, Sutton, Owl's Head.

That’s my pick as well but I’m not going to complain if we end up at Orford.

I don’t know what El Niño will bring to the northeast but I keep seeing maps projecting higher precipitation and higher temps, which translates to rain in my mind. Perhaps going as far north as we can might be wise.

Rudi Riet

AKA songfta AKA randomduck - a USSS coach, as well
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
From what I've been reading about the backlog, maybe not.

It's actually been getting better over the past month or two, with expedited renewals taking 4-7 weeks at most for the folks I know who've gone through the process. It's a far sight better than it was when I renewed earlier this year and had to do a last-minute in-person renewal in Buffalo...

TS
ilovepugs

ilovepugs

The human form of the 100 emoji
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I take it there’s no google translate yet for Josh writing.

All sounds good. Complaints are in proportion to the weather.
I don’t remember too many over last March in Maine. Though talking about next year immediately before the skis were dry might be tacit complaining.
Pretty sure I kicked off the discussion bc I had to miss going. It was the FOMO talking.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
As we have a new Gathering thread, I'm locking this one... take you're posts over here:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor