• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2024 New England Gathering discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

James

Out There
Instructor
And so the National Gathering invades March. This is the result of having Taos in early February.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
This is the result of having Taos in early February.
Sort of, but March is often at least part of the National Gathering.... Not always, but not infrequently...

2017, Whistler - Mar 4 - Mar 11
2018, Utah - Mar 3 - Mar 10
2019, Big Sky - Feb 23 - Mar 2
2020, Jackson - Feb 22 - Feb 29
2022, Aspen - Feb 26 - Mar 5
2023, Utah - Feb 25 - Mar 4
2024, Tahoe - Mar 2 - Mar 9

Last edited:

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Soooo need to decide if I will get an Epic day pass for a friend's trip out west. I can add days to the pass if we will be visiting Stowe. But a NEG over Easter weekend is a hard no for me.

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister

James

Out There
Instructor
Is there a contender for places this year?
Killington?
Another Mrg-Sugarbush-Stowe event?
Mrg-Killington-Sugarbush?

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
Is there a contender for places this year?
Killington?
Another Mrg-Sugarbush-Stowe event?
Mrg-Killington-Sugarbush?

I was thinking we would do a Mad River Valley or a Jay / Eastern Townships gathering this year, although I'm open to other suggestions as well.

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
My passport recently expired. I better get in line to get it renewed just in case. I've only skied Mt. Orford so I'd be game for exploring new places.

DebbieSue

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'd be happy to go to MRV or Jay/Eastern townships. Le Massif is a bit far for a weekend . . . 4 hours from Jay which is already far from everywhere.

ScottB

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I think Le Massif is for those that want to extend the NEG into the better part of a week long ski trip. I am looking at it since I am already half way there at Sutton, why not take my company up on it's unlimited time off policy. Just a thought.

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I was thinking we would do a Mad River Valley or a Jay / Eastern Townships gathering this year, although I'm open to other suggestions as well.
Okay, that helps as none of these are Epic as far as I can tell. Being latecomer to skiing, I'm not sure what you cool kids mean by Eastern Townships.

BC.

NEPA ShopRat/Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I have never been to Quebec/Eastern Townships…but have heard it is worth a trip….but as I read this thread, I am always amused/entertained by the difference in ideologies/attitudes between regional threads.

EC thread(s).…..no matter what the snow conditions are/crap weather is…”everywhere” and “everything” is always the best/amazing/a blast……

UT thread(s)….the best snow on Earth, record breaking snowfalls…lol…. it’s the worst, too crowded, meat missiles, locals hate tourist vibe, traffic, flat light, etc…

The differences are funny…

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Eastern Townships are fun, but, a long way to go for a collection of scattered, not really big hills. I may be wrong but I doubt any of the areas up there have a butt ton of snowmaking that would make them a sure bet for middle of April.

I used to ski Jay Peak a bunch. For me and for most Jay is all about their extensive tree skiing. Go when it snows. Do not make plans a long way in advance.

Last edited:

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I doubt any of the areas up there have a butt ton of snowmaking that would make them a sure bet for middle of April.
I'm not positive what all resorts are considered Eastern Townships, but looking at historical closing dates at Orford, Sutton, and Owls Head, mid- April they're either closed or on their final weekend.

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I'm not positive what all resorts are considered Eastern Townships, but looking at historical closing dates at Orford, Sutton, and Owls Head, mid- April they're either closed or on their final weekend.
I think add Bromont to the mix and that's about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.