• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2024 Salomon Stance W 88

SkiTalk Test Team

Testing skis so you don't have to.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

Tricia:
Length Tested: 168
Locations: Snowbasin, UT & Mt. Rose, NV
Conditions Tested in: All

We were fortunate to get on the all new Salomon Stance collection at Snowbasin eary in January during a nice weather event that dropped 5 + inches of Utah powder.
This new construction added metal with cut outs in the tip and tail, making the ski more responsive and a bit more energetic than its predecessor. This is just the update that this beauty needed to make it playful in the bumps, and responsive when you make your way through trees and on groomers. This made for a super fun exprience on a day like this when the 5 inches of fresh got tracked out and needed a little power to get through the chop.

When a ski brand has a successful ski, and decides to change it, there is a potential of losing the interest of those who liked the previous construction. In this case I believe those who liked the old Stance will enjoy the updates in this new Stance.
  • Insider tip: Pair this ski with the Salomon binding in purple for a little extra pop.
AmyPJ:
Size tested: 168
Location tested: Snowbasin, UT
Conditions tested in: Soft hero groomers, soft cut up off-piste powder and bumps

Salomon has made a few minor changes to the Stance lineup, so I was excited to get out and try out the newly-revamped models in ideal snow conditions. It took me about two runs on the 88s to get a good feel for them, as they felt a bit springy at first; the harder I stood on the outside ski, the more energy they gave back and I was quickly delighted with how much fun they were. I also found that new 88 did seem to "punch above it's width" in powder. Turn initiation and release was fluid, easy, and effortless. The Stance have a fairly damp, smooth ride, which are qualities I appreciate in a ski. But probably my favorite thing about them was how easy they were for me to ski the cut up powder/crud and soft moguls.

Awards
Who is it for?
Someone looking for an energetic 88 daily driver. An intermediate to advanced skier who doesn't want to question their ski choice for the day.
Who is it not for?
A skier who never ventures off-piste. Someone who wants a super damp ski.
Skier ability
  1. Intermediate
  2. Advanced
  3. Expert
Ski category
  1. Frontside
  2. All Mountain
Ski attributes
  1. Groomers
  2. Moguls
  3. Off Piste
  4. Trees
Segment
  1. Women

Specifications

right ad
Available sizes
154, 161, 168, 174
Dimensions
122-88-104
Radius
18m@168cm
Rocker profile
  1. Camber with tip and tail rocker
Size Scaling
  1. Dimensions
Construction design
  1. Updated construction
Ski Weight:
1590g/pr
Binding options
  1. Flat

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Long term update:
It had been awhile since I'd skied the Stance 88 but we had a few inches of fresh and some variable conditions so I thought it was time to give her some attention. I was immediately reminded how much I enjoyed the updates to this ski construction, espcially with the added pop from the metal and engaging edge hold. Definitely a great ski for a bit of variable conditions ranging from chalky piles to scraped off firm conditions.

Pat AKA mustski

It’s no Secret! It’s a Ranger!
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Long Term Review
2024 Solomon Stance W 88
Size tested: 168
Location tested: Mount Rose, NV
Conditions tested in: chalky groomers with pushed-around chalky piles

I liked this ski immediately. It was love at first turn! She responds enthusiastically to driver input, can really hold an edge, and is super easy to steer. The Stance W 88 is energetic, playful, lively, and just plain fun. How do you spell REBOUND? In all caps! The more aggressively I skied, the more rebound she gave back adding a nice pop out of one turn and into the next. The 168 did feel just a tad long for me; nothing that would keep me from jumping on again (or buying it in this size) but I sure would love to try her out in a shorter version. Also, How about them graphics!

Sponsor