• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2024 Ski Boots, BOA Is Not The Only Story, Check Out These New Boots.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
2024-Ski-Boots-Boa-Not-Only-Story-SkiTalk-Pugliese-4.jpg

This thread is for the general discussion of the Article 2024 Skiboots, BOA Is Not The Only Story, Check Out These New Boots.. Please add to the discussion here.

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
So, let me start the discussion by saying the more I look at the BOA boots the more I am positive I don't want any of that on my feet. :roflmao: :roflmao:

Seriously tho, the Shadow looks very interesting, it'd be good to hear more when people start skiing them.

James

Out There
Instructor
The link to the Lange Shadow interview doesn’t work.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

Rudi Riet

AKA songfta AKA randomduck - a USSS coach, as well
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Note that I will be writing a long-term review of the Dobermann RD5. I've already put in 10 on-snow days with them and they're quite the set of dancing shoes for the right pilot. But they are definitely on the stiff end of things (mine are the "Stiff" flex, after all) and not everyone's cuppa.

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
These just arrived today. Looks like @Andy Mink is not done skiing this year.
View attachment 202903

Well, if @Andy Mink is too busy or something, you can always send these to me. Not that I have any snow, but these are exactly the droids I've been looking for so I'd be happy to provide valuable feedback on how they are around the house. :roflmao:

Last edited:

Wasatchman

over the hill
Skier
@Philpug you mention that in order to be a mainline brand Kastle feels the need to get into boots. Why is that? Can't someone just make skis these days? Lucky the new owner has lots of money. The investment required is probably significant.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@Philpug you mention that in order to be a mainline brand Kastle feels the need to get into boots. Why is that? Can't someone just make skis these days? Lucky the new owner has lots of money. The investment required is probably significant.
I said "full line", not mainline. Of course a brand can just offer skis ... or boots but it can create limitations. I hear the new owners do have deep pockets and they want to become a player in the ski world, which in my opinion is good for the consumer, it gives them more options. I think Kastle has done a very good job with a first year offering of boots and excited to see what they do when they expand down market.

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I said "full line", not mainline. Of course a brand can just offer skis ... or boots but it can create limitations.

Like what? People wont buy their skis if they don't sell boots too? Genuinely interested how do you see these things.

onenerdykid

Product Manager, Atomic Ski Boots
Masterfit Bootfitter
Manufacturer
Like what? People wont buy their skis if they don't sell boots too? Genuinely interested how do you see these things.
It’s not for end consumers as much as it is for retailers. Retailers want to buy from a “full supplier”. This makes it easier to deal with ordering boots, ski, bindings, etc. Retailer can make one phone call or deal with one rep instead of separate ones for each product category. Plus a full supplier can offer better contract terms on the retail side of things.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
What @onenerdykid said....
It’s not for end consumers as much as it is for retailers. Retailers want to buy from a “full supplier”. This makes it easier to deal with ordering boots, ski, bindings, etc. Retailer can make one phone call or deal with one rep instead of separate ones for each product category. Plus a full supplier can offer better contract terms on the retail side of things.

ted

Getting off the lift
Skier
Anyone have a foot in the Nordica unlimited boot? Is it a slim 99 or a more 100mm fit?

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Anyone have a foot in the Nordica unlimited boot? Is it a slim 99 or a more 100mm fit?
It felt generous.

Reactions: ted

Seldomski

All words are made up
Skier
Will there be a HV Lange Shadow sometime in the future? I have Lange SX 120 that I am really happy with since ~2015, but they will need to be replaced in a few years.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Will there be a HV Lange Shadow sometime in the future? I have Lange SX 120 that I am really happy with since ~2015, but they will need to be replaced in a few years.
I would say that is a good bet.