• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2024 Taos Mini-Gathering - Feb 3 - Feb 10, 2024

ilovepugs

The human form of the 100 emoji
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I liked Taos so much this year I decided to go back. Am 99% sure I'll do a ski week. Am very excited! It'll be my first Gathering, mini or otherwise. I'm an intermediate so it's unlikely I'll be hiking Kachina with you but I'm looking forward to putting faces together with names.
@VickiK Maybe we’ll end up in ski week together!

ADKmel

Skiing the powder
Skier
Sorry to miss you all (again)- I'll be in Telluride that week but will be coming to Taos the 10-17th if anyone is staying on hope to say hi and take a run or 2!

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
My thought is to stick around into the next week a bit. Also thinking a SSF on the way to TSV. Nothing booked beyond my Ikon pass yet.
I might ski through the 12th or so. I bought a midweek pass (will use Ikon on weekends) but probably pad the gathering mostly on the early side. Nothing concrete yet.

I did a SSF day on the way down one year. It is a great hill.

TS
dbostedo

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Note, I've moved a couple of posts from this thread, and started a general Taos thread for 2023-2024 here:

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I would love to join you but have no idea if my skiing will be good enough by next season.

I might try a Mammoth Women's Clinic instead if I feel ready.

You definitely should come for a ski week. Ski week programs are available for every level of skier. From never evers to experts. There will be a class you will find suitable.
Some of the best instructors are older. They understand and teach soft and efficient movement patterns. Very crucial as we age.

Last edited:

Teled

Booting up
Skier
Definitely considering Taos for 2024. So enjoyed skiing with so many great folks in Utah last year. Would love to repeat the fun.

KingGrump

Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Definitely considering Taos for 2024. So enjoyed skiing with so many great folks in Utah last year. Would love to repeat the fun.

Hate to disappoint you. The many great folks you skied with at Utah past season will not be present at Taos for the next Taos gathering. If you show up, you'll have to settle for the NOT so great folks like me.

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Apparently I’m not one of the many great folks, either.

FWIW, I did ski with @Teled when she was on skis as well as when she was on a board. So maybe I am one to the many great folks, after all.

Last edited:

KingGrump

Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I didn't skied with @Teled at this season's Utah gathering neither. However, I do know I am "great". The great unwashed.

TS
dbostedo

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I don't think I skied with @Teled ... but some of us great folks do attend both. :ogbiggrin:
OK... I've just realized/been informed who @Teled is and I DID ski with you... it would be great to have you at Taos too (and they even allow snowboards now :ogbiggrin: ).