• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2025 Fischer The Curv GT Collection

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
2025-Fischer-the-Curv-Collection-SkiTalk-Pugliese-Petersen-2.jpg

This thread is for the general discussion of the Article 2025 Fischer The Curv GT Collection. Please add to the discussion here.

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
I wish ski manufacturers would stop the approach of making the skinnier skis in a model line-up for lower skier ability levels and then ramp up the ski stiffness, features, etc. as the ski gets wider. I don't think this is really what is desired/required by the marketplace (at least not in N. America). Maybe this is how it is in Europe, but on this side of the pond, it's actually the higher level skiers that gravitate toward the narrower skis. I would love to see the 76 and 80 offerings have just as much, if not more, "performance" than the 85.

The intermediate skier is more apt to buy the big wide planks, so who are they really targeting with these "dumbed down" skinnier members of the line-up?

PinnacleJim

Out on the slopes
Skier
Have to agree with Noodler. This collection should be Fisher's equivalent of Head's Supershapes. Why is a ski targeted for an intermediate skier here? Just dilutes the Curv name.

Bill Miles

Old Man Groomer Zoomer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Haven't been able to figure out Fischer designations for a long time and I have owned several pairs. Would have to go look at my current ones to see what they are called.

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
How do we convince Fischer to get their ex-racer crew back together to design a new series of skis? I'm a big fan of building wider-platform "race" skis. That's what The Curv series used to be. They had the same World Cup bases and used the better sidewall material. The construction layup provided a ton of power without being overbearing. The narrower skis in the line-up were just as strong, if not stronger than the wider skis. I know there's probably very little money in it for Fischer, but sometimes it's good to keep a product like this in your line-up to help maintain brand reputation. It seems like Fischer has been moving in the opposite direction for the past few years of ski releases.

altabrig

Drifting like a long radius with some tail rocker.
Skier
The 70mm Fischer Progressor is/was a fine recreational carver. It struggles though with two or three inches of fresh snow and scrapings starting to pile up on top of a hard steeper groomer.

What is the point of making a rec carver wider? Doesn't the extra width decrease it's speed edge to edge? What is the function taking a carver to 85mm?

My idea of a rec carver is a ski that rails shorter radius turns on groomers, but is too shaped, stiff, and hooky for most off-piste conditions.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Interesting. I jsut had a pair of RCOne 82 GT's here today and the new version of this ski is the The Curv GT 80 ... like the predecessor it comes with with an 11 DIN binding verses the better 12 that the 85 does ...

This collection should be Fisher's equivalent of Head's Supershapes.
I agree, I like that all the Supershapes are the same price, no matter the width .. expect an article soon on this very subject.

Dougb

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@Philpug you know I loved the RC One GT 86. After reading all this and your review, I call dibs on GT 85 from your test fleet as soon as you put it up for sale!!!

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The 2025 GT 85 is nowhere near the RC One 86 GT in terms of stability and performance. The RC One 86 GT is a much sturdier ski.
My experience is the complete opposite, I find the new ski to be a lot more stable and have a higher end that the outgoing model. Hmmm.

ARL67

Invisible Airwaves Crackle With Life
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I always attributed "Curv" with Fischer's much-higher-performance line. To me it looks like the took the "RC One" series and renamed it "Curv". What is to become of the previous Curv skis ? I also think the graphics are mediocre and are not becoming of the Fischer brand.

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
I wonder if some folks at Fischer need to read Jackson's latest update of the Fischer Ski Brand Profile, and remember who they are (or are supposed to be). Brands need to build and foster an identity. Please FIscher, don't lose yours.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I always attributed "Curv" with Fischer's much-higher-performance line.
I think these feel more like a "Curv" than the outgoing collection felt like an "RC" which comes from their race collection.
To me it looks like the took the "RC One" series and renamed it "Curv".
Completely different shape and feel.
What is to become of the previous Curv skis ?
The Curv collection is still in the line.
I also think the graphics are mediocre and are not becoming of the Fischer brand.
Graphics won't sell a ski but can stop a sale ... I don't think these are going to stop many sales.

David Edwards

Putting on skis
Skier
My experience is the complete opposite, I find the new ski to be a lot more stable and have a higher end that the outgoing model. Hmmm.
I am staring to finally come in line with skis in the 85-88 underfoot range. The newer skis in this range can really carve well. I had a full day on the new Nordica Steadfast 85 DC(174) , Atomic Redster Q 9.8 (173) and the Head Porsche 8 (177) and they were all great carvers. The head Porsche 8 is a very interesting ski. Last year I did ski the RC One 86 in the 175 and thought it was Ok but the 182 felt way better. I am only 5"11 and about 195 pounds. usually, a 182 beats me up just a little. I might just try the GT 85 in the 182.

David Edwards

Putting on skis
Skier
I am staring to finally come in line with skis in the 85-88 underfoot range. The newer skis in this range can really carve well. I had a full day on the new Nordica Steadfast 85 DC(174) , Atomic Redster Q 9.8 (173) and the Head Porsche 8 (177) and they were all great carvers. The head Porsche 8 is a very interesting ski. Last year I did ski the RC One 86 in the 175 and thought it was Ok but the 182 felt way better. I am only 5"11 and about 195 pounds. usually, a 182 beats me up just a little. I might just try the GT 85 in the 182.
I am starting...

johnnyvw

Out on the slopes
Skier
I always attributed "Curv" with Fischer's much-higher-performance line. To me it looks like the took the "RC One" series and renamed it "Curv". What is to become of the previous Curv skis ? I also think the graphics are mediocre and are not becoming of the Fischer brand.
They've done worse....these are the 2007 AMC79. I still have my pair, they're probaby my all time favorites. I've always thought they looked a bit like watermelons...and they have a kind of "3D effect", like from 50 years ago lol
1704802738390.png

Asterino

Putting on skis
Skier
I have a fischer the curv gt (in 182) from 2 years ago. It's my cheater GS ski, and is just bomb proof. You need to be on top of it though. If they will retain the line (curv, curv gt, etc) will they rename it?

Sponsor

Staff online