• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

21/22 Ikon Pass goes on sale 3/11/21

Bob V

Booting up
Skier
Ok, just called ICON.
If you deferred last years pass, you are still considered a "renewal" rate and Not a "new" pass holder. You cant use last years credit until Apr 19/21 though.

So if my logic is correct and i paid 600 last year and my renewal rate is 650 for the plan I choose then i apply my 600 and i owe them 50. If i use my credit and pay the 50 on Apr 19 then i can ski on Apr. 19 at the resorts that allow it like Mammoth.

Hope i heard that correctly

It is now written on their website FAQs
1615324074261.png

Wade

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I just got an email from IKON saying:

"Thank you for being an Ikon Pass holder. Your 20/21 Adventure Assurance selection qualifies you for a credit towards the purchase of a 21/22 Ikon Pass. Click here to find out the full details."

I didn't defer my pass and have around 30 days on it so far. I didn't make an election for a specific resort at the start of the year, so by default I guess I picked the "all destinations" option. Maybe the resort closures in Ontario earlier in the season mean that anyone who elected "all destinations" receives a (presumably small) credit to use towards next year's pass?

I wasn't expecting any sort of credit, and will be happy with the value I got from my pass if it's a zero, but it'll be interesting to see what pops up when the credits are calculated in April.

Jwrags

Aka pwdrhnd
Skier
I just got an email from IKON saying:

"Thank you for being an Ikon Pass holder. Your 20/21 Adventure Assurance selection qualifies you for a credit towards the purchase of a 21/22 Ikon Pass. Click here to find out the full details."

I didn't defer my pass and have around 30 days on it so far. I didn't make an election for a specific resort at the start of the year, so by default I guess I picked the "all destinations" option. Maybe the resort closures in Ontario earlier in the season mean that anyone who elected "all destinations" receives a (presumably small) credit to use towards next year's pass?

I wasn't expecting any sort of credit, and will be happy with the value I got from my pass if it's a zero, but it'll be interesting to see what pops up when the credits are calculated in April.
I got the same email. I was confused but then decided the "credit" must be my renewal discount. Who knows:huh:

Reactions: Ron

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
But the resorts weren't closed. I also couldn't easily/legally ski in New Mexico (without travelling there for a long quarantine first), but Taos was open.

I got the email, and I don't think I'm getting any credit as I have used my pass (11 days, with 3 more to come). I assume everyone got the email.

I've also bought my 21/22 Ikon Pass already.

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Glad I'm not the only one confused by this. It did say to wait until April to renew, so I will do that and see what happens.

Bob V

Booting up
Skier

Only Blue Mountain in Ontario.
Surprisingly Tremblant didn't close (even if the restrictions in Quebec are maybe the strictest in North America, with the only province/state wide curfew).
And partner resorts in the West did not close as well (but they are excluded from the Adventure Assurance credit).
So yes they will be a small (like 10 or 20$) credit for those who select "all destinations" or did not select anything. There is absolutely no reason to not wait for Apr 19 to renew if you are in that case.

Truberski

Getting off the lift
Skier
I got the email also and I selected Mammoth which hasn't closed at all. I think everyone got the email but not everyone will get a credit.
Same here. My selected resort never closed and I still got the email.

The more interesting question which doesn’t impact me is that the state of Vermont restricted out-of-staters from entry without a 14 day quarantine period. I don’t feel this is the resorts or Ikon issue but a non-VT resident that selected Stratton or Sugarbush as their designated resort may have not been able to ski at all this year. Many did not follow the state’s rules but those that tried to do the right thing are likely SOL from an Ikon reimbursement perspective.

Pat AKA mustski

It’s no Secret! It’s a Ranger!
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter

The more interesting question which doesn’t impact me is that the state of Vermont restricted out-of-staters from entry without a 14 day quarantine period. I don’t feel this is the resorts or Ikon issue but a non-VT resident that selected Stratton or Sugarbush as their designated resort may have not been able to ski at all this year. Many did not follow the state’s rules but those that tried to do the right thing are likely SOL from an Ikon reimbursement perspective.
Same deal for a lot of people for Mammoth. The ski resort was open but all lodging was closed until the middle of February.

Popeye Cahn

Out on the slopes
Skier
I got the email also and I selected Mammoth which hasn't closed at all. I think everyone got the email but not everyone will get a credit.

I think this is probably the case. I wasn't a pass holder last season (or any previous season for that matter) and I received said email not long after buying passes for me and the grom (which confused me to no end until I figured it was probably just a form letter to all purchasers).

On that note, I'll likely go tomorrow to pick them up at BB/SS. Should be crazy busy... Is there a cutoff for doing that other than the close of the season? And then I have to wait for them in the mail and can start my season in November, right?

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Did anyone else get a survey asking if I was planning to use my pass and if not, why? About 10 questions. I answered the one "what would it take to make you feel safe skiing" I answered "vacinne".

MarkP

Saturday, and Saturday, and Saturday...
Skier
Oh no! You've revealed to them that you can't spell! :P

spel shayming... tysc tisc tisk

(way back, before word processing and spellchecking, a colleague at work would, given the opportunity of using a difficult word several times, make sure he spelled it differently each time in hopes of getting it right once)

Wade

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

People who didn’t use their pass have the option to defer their passes and get a full credit, right?