• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

21/22 Ikon Pass goes on sale 3/11/21

Truberski

Getting off the lift
Skier
People who didn’t use their pass have the option to defer their passes and get a full credit, right?
I believe you needed to make this selection before a certain date. The optimist that bet on State of Vermont opening up and didn‘t take the pass deferment is the one likely not too happy right now. Ikon’s defense being these are factors outside their control and technically the New England resorts never closed. Hopefully none of these are considerations for next season! Skiers (especially New England) are optimists and will be good to see more familiar faces on the slopes next season.

Wade

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I believe you needed to make this selection before a certain date. The optimist that bet on State of Vermont opening up and didn‘t take the pass deferment is the one likely not too happy right now. Ikon’s defense being these are factors outside their control and technically the New England resorts never closed. Hopefully none of these are considerations for next season! Skiers (especially New England) are optimists and will be good to see more familiar faces on the slopes next season.

Yes. The date by which you need to defer is April 11

ksampson3

Giving 80% effort 100% of the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
How about that $50 off code that they sent in an email. Is there a date listed that it expires? (They sent it to my wife's email account and I haven't seen the actual email, yet.)

Larry

Out on the slopes
Skier
How about that $50 off code that they sent in an email. Is there a date listed that it expires? (They sent it to my wife's email account and I haven't seen the actual email, yet.)
I wonder why some received the 50 off code and others didnt. I didn't get one myself

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
Maybe because we didn't sign up for the pass last year but did the year before? Maybe they were trying to lure us back with a $50 off bonus? I have no idea.
Yes. The emails I got from IKON specifically said I was getting a discount code because I was a previous pass holder.

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Yes. The emails I got from IKON specifically said I was getting a discount code because I was a previous pass holder.
exactly my belief. I passed last year and the letter specifically stated:

" Because you owned an Ikon Pass in past seasons, you’ve been given an exclusive offer. Save up to $50 off every Ikon Pass you purchase for the 21/22 season. "

oh don't forget:

Yes. Discounts are available at check-out for active licensed nurses, enrolled college students, plus active duty and retired military personnel in North America (verified by SheerID).
For military personnel, discounts are also available for adult dependents.

ksampson3

Giving 80% effort 100% of the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Soooooo, using the discount code...

It's $50 bucks off Adult if you buy the Ikon pass.
It's $40 bucks off Adult if you buy the Ikon Base pass.
It's $30 bucks off Young Adult if you buy the Ikon Base pass.

Not a huge saving, but big enough that we pulled the trigger last night. Now I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that having to make reservations to go skiing next year becomes a distant memory.

ski otter 2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Next season's "pass," whole ball of wax: Renewal was an $80 discount for the base pass. Since I've skied maybe 45 days or so on Ikon, 44 at Copper, so far, no need for me to figure out the "blah blah" about deferred. Put Copper as my single "assurance" destination for guarantee, instead of all, so nothing coming that way either. No email about an extra code discount. So with race horse blinders on, I proceeded to check out. Next year's pass done, boxes checked. (Hope I get a few more days elsewhere in the Ikon universe next season - especially at Winter Park, but who knows?)

A Basin season pass is done now too: boy, for their senior pass, the price has really gone up: $299. They say they will limit the number of such passes this year. Ha! (That pass was only $106 about a year ago, since I got in early before that year's price increase, as I recall.)

Now on to renewing at Loveland. And maybe even a new start with Epic, if I can move up to Summit County, finally: if it's a few minutes down the road, might ski some at Keystone, and maybe a few turns at Beaver Creek.
For me, high finance also. :)

sky_chicken

Putting on skis
Skier
This time of year always hurts but with the $50/$40 off I think we'll jump ship back to Ikon base from Epic local. This was by far our best ski year with all the time off we got but I'm sure next year will be back to a normal schedule which will keep us down to 15 days a year out west. Sadly.

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Does anyone remember how long it is until they raise the price on the Ikon pass? days, months?

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Does anyone remember how long it is until they raise the price on the Ikon pass? days, months?
Last year they originally were supposed to raise prices in late April, but I think that got pushed off with COVID, and didn't raise things until June.

This year, folks won't have their deferral or adventure assurance refunds until April 19th, so I wouldn't anticipate any increases until mid-May at the earliest.

Unpiste

Booting down
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Yes. The date by which you need to defer is April 11
I'm curious, since I haven't actually used my 20/21 IKON pass yet, where does that information come from? I'm thinking about deferring if that's an option. (I've been skiing Vail resorts this season with my discount pass from last season's credit.)

Sponsor

Staff online