• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

21/22 Ikon Pass goes on sale 3/11/21

Brad J

Out on the slopes
Skier
Well I got my $11 credit, I should have deferred, lesson learned, definitely will not renew. Done with the big pass option, take my ball and go home.
I base my opinion on the fact that we all got $100 credit for the early closing, which in NE really means missing 4 to 5 days average . This year I used the pass early season thinking that all would get better. (Stupid) NH where there was no restrictions I skied 3 times, when the Maine restrictions were lifted I went 2 times . Total of 5 times at Ikon resorts. So in my old and week mind I got $100 credit for possibly 4 to 5 days and this year Got $11 for only using my pass 5 times. I totally get the I should have deferred thing but !!!!!!!!!!!!! All based on Blue Mountain closing. So if you.

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Well I got my $11 credit, I should have deferred, lesson learned, definitely will not renew. Done with the big pass option, take my ball and go home.
I base my opinion on the fact that we all got $100 credit for the early closing, which in NE really means missing 4 to 5 days average . This year I used the pass early season thinking that all would get better. (Stupid) NH where there was no restrictions I skied 3 times, when the Maine restrictions were lifted I went 2 times . Total of 5 times at Ikon resorts. So in my old and week mind I got $100 credit for possibly 4 to 5 days and this year Got $11 for only using my pass 5 times. I totally get the I should have deferred thing but !!!!!!!!!!!!! All based on Blue Mountain closing. So if you.

Are you planning to go to the Aspen Gathering? If so buying lift tickets for that week will probably be more expensive than buying the Ikon base pass with the Aspen option. Just a thought...

Larry

Out on the slopes
Skier
I deferred last year and reupped this morning. Cost me 50.00 but I was able to ski Mammoth today and I'll be skiing on 4/20 too. Just wish they would have let us "deferral" people reup sooner so I'd give us a chance to ski more like other renewals

Brad J

Out on the slopes
Skier
Are you planning to go to the Aspen Gathering
Not sure, I made so many plans this year that didn't pan out that I am a little weary to make any plans for next year. I am just not good at predicting the future in a pandemic.

Last edited:

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I got $11 credit. I know a place at Copper that I can get two big Banquet beers for that. Seems like a win to me.
Forget new math. That is good math.

Reisen

Booting up
Skier
I missed the BS announcement earlier in this thread. That’s pretty distressing. BS had been high on our list of resorts to visit, and we generally spend. Lot of $$$ when we ski. Family of 5, we eat out a lot, stay in nice places, and generally put the kids in ski school each day.

Just based on the principle of it, we won’t visit BS. There are too many other great resorts to visit on the Ikon Pass. Honestly, I don’t even mind the Aspen & JH up charges, or even the line skipping up charges, but up charging for individual lifts is insane.

I know for a fact that Alterra execs read these forums, so take that as a single data point. BS’ loss will be Steamboat or AltaBird’s gain.

TheArchitect

Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I know about the BS tram but I think I missed the line skipping up charge. What and where is that?

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Blue was closed for 6 weeks.. Any Ontarians choose Blue?

Stupidly thought everyone else would shut down before Blue so choose the “all resorts” option even though it’s one of my home hills and got a whopping $8 credit. Grrrrrrrr

TheArchitect

Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Not sure, I made so many plans this year that didn't pan out that I am a little weary to make any plans for next year. I am just not good at predicting the future in a pandemic.

Understandable. I'm doing my best to be positive with this but it's not my natural inclination. I've been called a pessimist but prefer "realist". Anyway, I'm already planning for next year's trips with the "pandemic be damned" mindset. 100% refundable helps a lot with said planning.

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
I'm not making any concrete plans yet but intend to get at least an Ikon base pass. I didn't get to ski once this season and I lost pretty much half of the last one so I intend to make up for it next season one way or another. If I'm not comfortable flying, and Eastern skiing isn't cutting it, I may just pack up my truck and head to CA, OR, WA to visit friends and family for a few weeks(months? ). I could probably line up places to stay in Portland, Bend, Seattle, Sacramento, San Francisco, and South Lake Tahoe. If I planned it right my biggest expense(by far) would be fuel...and possibly my marriage.:roflmao:

Slide of Hans

Getting on the Red Chair
Skier
Say it aint so, Schweitzer joins IKON !?! it was only a matter of time before it joined one of the 2 empires. Its Too big for INDY. Last time i visited was when Stella opened and thought it was underrated at that time.

Idaho’s Schweitzer has signed on to become the 45th Ikon Pass mountain in North America. Ikon Pass holders will enjoy up to 7 days of access at Schweitzer and Ikon Base Pass holders will get 5 holiday-restricted days. Schweitzer’s top tier local passholders will receive an Ikon Base Pass valid at destinations worldwide. “This is a huge win for skiers and snowboarders and for our community,” the resort said in a statement. “We wanted to be able to offer our customers the benefit of a multi-resort pass and joining Ikon Pass allows us to do just that. The Ikon Pass includes premier mountains around the globe, and we are excited to be the newest Ikon Pass mountain destination.”

The partnership with Alterra replaces Schweitzer’s membership in the Powder Alliance reciprocal program, which brought the North Idaho mountain about 5,000 skiers per year over the last seven seasons. Schweitzer says it was the single most-redeemed destination in that alliance.

Here is schweitzers FAQs on the move.

Schweitzer/Ikon FAQs

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
Still surprised Alterra aren't stitching deals together in Europe - maybe the reciprocals are too much of a commitment?

Sponsor

Staff online