• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

21/22 Ikon Pass goes on sale 3/11/21

raytseng

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I'm curious, since I haven't actually used my 20/21 IKON pass yet, where does that information come from? I'm thinking about deferring if that's an option. (I've been skiing Vail resorts this season with my discount pass from last season's credit.)
The legal language and date is in the 20/21 Adventure Assurance terms and conditions document if you want to review the formal contract language.
[Also a sidenote the 21/22 deferral period enddate is Dec 9, 2021; much less generous than 20/21's deal]

But the casual interpretation is also in the deferral faq on the website and I believe also when you login to your account, if you don't like reading legal documents.

If I deferred my 20/21 Ikon Pass and wish to purchase a 21/22 Ikon Pass with my credit, will I get 2021 spring access?
Any 20/21 Ikon Pass holder who defers their pass to 21/22 will be eligible for all Ikon Pass benefits, including available spring access, for winter 21/22 once the 21/22 Ikon Pass is purchased. All deferral credits will be deposited in My Account starting April 19, 2021. Should you purchase your 21/22 pass before your credit is deposited for use, you will forgo your credit amount. All pass sales are final. Any pass purchased with valid credit will be eligible for any spring access available after April 19, 2021. You must elect to defer your 20/21 Ikon Pass in My Account by April 11, 2021.

Last edited:

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm curious, since I haven't actually used my 20/21 IKON pass yet, where does that information come from? I'm thinking about deferring if that's an option. (I've been skiing Vail resorts this season with my discount pass from last season's credit.)
If you log in to your Ikon account, you should see the defer options and details.

(FWIW, for next season, you can defer until December 9, 2021)

Wade

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

From the Ikon website

ADVENTURE ASSURANCE 20/21
Adventure Assurance was created for the 20/21 season as skiers, riders and destinations entered into an unusual winter. 20/21 Adventure Assurance is active through April 11, 2021.

Should a 20/21 Ikon Pass holder not use their Ikon Pass from June 4, 2020 - April 11, 2021, for any reason, you may still defer your pass to the 21/22 season. The pass holder must elect to defer their unused pass in My Account by April 11, 2021.

20/21 Adventure Assurance credit due to eligible COVID-19 closures will be available in My Account beginning April 19, 2021. Credit will vary based on All Destination and One Destination selections. Credit may be applied to the purchase of any 21/22 Ikon Pass after April 19, 2021.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I deferred my pass till next year.
So what about spring after April 19th on the 21/22 pass.... ?

The places where you can ski on next year's pass are
Area........start....est.close....works?
Big.Bear........Mar.11...Apr.11.......Nope
Snowshoe....Apr.5.....Mar.28.......Nope
Tremblant.....Apr.5....Apr.18........Nope
Solitude.........Apr.5.....Apr.18(!?)...Nope
Sugarbush....Apr.5.....Apr.25.........Yes
Mammoth.....Apr.12...May.31.......Yes
Squaw/Alp....Apr.12...May.31.......Yes
Winter.Park...Apr.12...Apr.25.........Yes

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter

I would assume your 21/22 pass would work for that once purchased. No reason that the 20/21 deferral should have any effect on that. But at that point your 21/22 pass is used and you can no longer defer.

Unpiste

Booting down
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
If you log in to your Ikon account, you should see the defer options and details.

(FWIW, for next season, you can defer until December 9, 2021)
Indeed. I read as far as the December 9 part, but missed that it was talking about the 21/22 season. Thanks!

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I would assume your 21/22 pass would work for that once purchased. No reason that the 20/21 deferral should have any effect on that. But at that point your 21/22 pass is used and you can no longer defer.
If you buy a 21/22 pass outright, you can use it starting at the dates in my first column.
The catch is that deferral credits don't post until April 19 and cannot be applied retroactively. So for rollover passes, any mountain that closes before the 19th doesn't work.

jimmy

Mixmaster
SkiTalk Supporter
So how/when will the 21/22 pass paid for with the deferral credit be shipped? Thinking about Abasin last week in April.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
So how/when will the 21/22 pass paid for with the deferral credit be shipped? Thinking about Abasin last week in April.
Only the Alterra-owned places let you use next years pass this spring.

DestinationSpring Skiing Available Starting
Big Bear Mountain ResortMarch 11, 2021
TremblantApril 5, 2021
SolitudeApril 5, 2021
SugarbushApril 5, 2021
Mammoth MountainApril 12, 2021
Squaw Valley Alpine MeadowsApril 12, 2021
Winter ParkApril 12, 2021

More spring info from the ikonpass.com FAQ:

"If I deferred my 20/21 Ikon Pass and wish to purchase a 21/22 Ikon Pass with my credit, will I get 2021 spring access?

Any 20/21 Ikon Pass holder who defers their pass to 21/22 will be eligible for all Ikon Pass benefits, including available spring access, for winter 21/22 once the 21/22 Ikon Pass is purchased. All deferral credits will be deposited in My Account starting April 19, 2021. Should you purchase your 21/22 pass before your credit is deposited for use, you will forgo your credit amount. All pass sales are final. Any pass purchased with valid credit will be eligible for any spring access available after April 19, 2021. You must elect to defer your 20/21 Ikon Pass in My Account by April 11, 2021.

How do I get my 21/22 Ikon Pass after purchase for spring skiing?

You can pick up your purchased pass at any Ikon Pass destination guest services center or lift ticket window during operational hours. You will need your confirmation number and ID. This is a temporary pass to be used for 2021 spring skiing only and will be void after the 20/21 season closes. You will receive a new 21/22 Ikon Pass in the mail in the fall."

tball

Unzipped
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

Winter Park extended two weeks to May 9th:

They will just have the Mary Jane side open where fantastic slush bumps abound.

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
Winter Park extended two weeks to May 9th:

They will just have the Mary Jane side open where fantastic slush bumps abound.

I can't tell you just how happy this makes me. I was really bummed that my deferred IKON credit couldn't be applied until the 19th, but I will totally buy the pass on the 19th and ski some MJ slush bumps! :yahoo:

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I did a few days at WP before the ABasin Mothers Day the last time I attended. it was great.

Gary Stolt

Mr. Style
Team Gathermeister
I have a question. I have used the full IKON pass this year about 18 days so far. I have gotten 2 emails from IKON stating that my adventure assurance credit will be deposited in my account april 19. I doesn't say how much or "if you qualify". Has anybody else gotten this email?

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I have a question. I have used the full IKON pass this year about 18 days so far. I have gotten 2 emails from IKON stating that my adventure assurance credit will be deposited in my account april 19. I doesn't say how much or "if you qualify". Has anybody else gotten this email?
Yes, everyone has gotten that mail whether they will be getting a credit or not. I don't expect to get any credit, myself.

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier

I got 2 of that email.

raytseng

Making fresh tracks
Skier
The coverage period for adventure assurance is to april 11, so they can't do any calculations until the period ends.
As seen over in the other thread with whistler nothing is decided yet.

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
IKON Just updated their spring skiing dates. You can use the pass starting tomorrow at Mammoth, Squaw/Alpine, etc.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I received a Press Release from Alterra while I was walking Gypsy

SPRING SKIING BEGINS EVEN EARLIER FOR 21/22 IKON PASS HOLDERS AT EIGHT DESTINATIONS

DENVER, CO, April 2, 2021Ikon Pass announces that spring skiing benefits for 21/22 Ikon Pass holders have been increased. Skiers and riders may now access Mammoth Mountain, June Mountain, Big Bear Mountain Resort and Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows in California, Winter Park in Colorado, Solitude in Utah, Sugarbush in Vermont and Tremblant in Quebec, Canada starting tomorrow, April 3, 2021, offering pass holders bonus days to hit the slopes.

Early 2021 spring access applies to the 21/22 Ikon Pass, Ikon Base Pass and Ikon Base Plus Pass.

The Ikon Pass offers access to 44 iconic global mountain destinations across the Americas, Europe, Japan, Australia, and New Zealand and is a collaboration of industry leaders - Alterra Mountain Company, Aspen Skiing Company, Boyne Resorts, POWDR, Jackson Hole Mountain Resort, Alta Ski Area, Snowbird, Arapahoe Basin Ski Area, SkiBig3, Revelstoke Mountain Resort, RED Mountain, Windham Mountain, Taos Ski Valley, Zermatt, Thredbo, Mt Buller, Niseko United, Valle Nevado, and NZ Ski. Each demonstrates integrity, character and independence that is reflected in their mountains and guests.

IKON PASS IS ON SALE NOW- PASS HOLDER BENEFITS

Payment Plan

Ikon Pass offers a payment option with Affirm that allows pass holders to buy now and pay over time. Promotions apply through May 4, see www.ikonpass.com for more details. Payment options through Affirm are provided by these lending partners: affirm.com/lenders.

Child Pass Promotion
To provide additional value for families looking to ski and ride together, Ikon Pass holders can purchase up to two discounted Child Ikon Passes or Child Ikon Base Passes for children ages 5-12 with the purchase of an Adult Ikon Pass or Adult Ikon Base Pass. The Child Pass Promotion is limited and prices go up on May 5, 2021.

Adventure Assurance
Last spring, Ikon Pass introduced Adventure Assurance, that offers options to Ikon Pass holders that help provide flexibility and alleviate some uncertainty throughout the winter season. This year, Adventure Assurance comes free with every 21/22 Ikon Pass product.

Prior to December 9, 2021, should a 21/22 Ikon Pass holder not use their pass after purchase, for any reason, they may elect to defer and receive a full credit of their purchase price to be used toward a 22/23 Ikon Pass. The pass holder must elect to defer their unused pass in My Account by December 9, 2021.

Or, if passes are used and there is an eligible COVID-19-related closure at any North American Ikon Pass destination from December 18, 2021 - March 6, 2022, Ikon Pass holders will receive a credit toward a 22/23 Ikon Pass based on the percentage of days closed.

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Damn them!!! 0% for 6 months doesn't apply to Iowa or West Virginia!!! :roflmao:

I'd care more and would take the offer but luckily for me, I saved up from last year and can pay now.

oh well, at least I can look forward later without owing.

Sponsor