• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

21/22 Ikon Pass goes on sale 3/11/21

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Bought Full passes for the whole family. The website was lagging a bit. Probably high traffic before the prices go up tomorrow.

Brad J

Out on the slopes
Skier
I ended up renewing the Ikon full pass , I needed to get over a bad ( IMO) policy on their part and a bad decision on my part. A couple of trips out west will cure all.

Jwrags

Aka pwdrhnd
Skier
I just renewed my Ikon full pass. I may buy an Epic pass also, given the discount. With the cost of walk up or even advance purchase tickets running $150-200/day it just doesn't take too many days to more than make up the cost of the pass. 6 days or less is break even.

Johnny V.

Half Fast Hobby Racer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
We applied our deferral credit to the base pass a couple of days ago. Hoping for much less restrictive travel and skiing next year. If it hits the fan again, we'll just defer it 'til the next year.

Bob V

Booting up
Skier
We applied our deferral credit to the base pass a couple of days ago. Hoping for much less restrictive travel and skiing next year. If it hits the fan again, we'll just defer it 'til the next year.

Do you know if you can still defer a 2021-22 pass if you used deferred credit to buy it ?

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
I did not buy an Ikon Pass: instead I bought a 21-2022 Silver Senior Aspen Season Pass. Spring price of $549 for age 70+ and 100% refundable before Aug 13/21. I phoned Guest Services and was told the next price increase will probably be $100-$150. Last season, after the start of the season, the Silver Senior pass was $849.

I also have a Sun Peaks Seniors Pass, spring price: $918Cdn. Sun Peaks has joined the Mountain Collective so my SP pass gives me 50% off senior priced day tickets at several MCP member resorts that will not be too much of a detour when I make my way to/from Aspen in my truck camper some time in February 2022. So, potential storm chasing Revy, Banff, Panorama, Big Sky, Jackson Hole, Grand Targhee, Alta, Snowbird....Maybe I will start my trip in January. :ogbiggrin:

Last edited:

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Got the IKON survey today.

I was pretty brutal on it. The pass itself if I lived nearer areas served is a decent deal, but not so much if you live in the midwest.

Very limited ability to get a good payback out of it if doing a base pass, and with a family it adds up quick and makes for a serious decision due to budget ... least for me.

I guess my moaning is more that I wish they'd have some offset for the base (no blackouts or better discount on additional passes that make the cut over point less painful.

but hey! if I get at least 8 days out of it next season, I at least saved some money overall.

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
FYI,

Got this "deferral" reminder today from IKON:

Thank you for being a 21/22 Ikon Pass holder. As a reminder, Adventure Assurance is free with the purchase of your pass and includes the option to defer your unused pass. If you or someone in your account chooses not to use your pass, you must go to ‘My Account’ and elect to defer by December 9, 2021.

You will not be able to defer your 21/22 pass after December 9, 2021.

Steps to defer your unused 21/22 season pass:
  1. Log in to "My Account"
  2. Click the 'View Coverage' link in the Adventure Assurance banner
  3. Select 'Defer this Pass' and confirm your pass deferral
  4. If there are multiple passes in one account, you must select each pass that you would like to defer
  5. Once deferred, your 21/22 deferral credit will be deposited into your account in spring, 2022. Additional details will be provided prior to 2022/2023 passes going on sale.

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I got that too. I'm not surprised but given the uncertainty of the variants it would have been nice to have a little more time.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I got that too. I'm not surprised but given the uncertainty of the variants it would have been nice to have a little more time.
With the moving target that we've been chasing for the past (almost) 2 years, I'm not sure time makes a difference.

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
more time is good but in my case, I may of said "I'll do this tomorrow" then forget.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
more time is good but in my case, I may of said "I'll do this tomorrow" then forget.
I'm kind of with you on that.

Sponsor

Staff online