• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

22/23 Salomon Strive Binding

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Any longer term reviews of the Strive? Trying to decide between the Strive and STH2 during end of season sales.
Other than one of my main concerns with a binding is confidence and I have not lost any skiing with skiing either the Strive 14 or the Strive 13 demo. I do have a few skis in our test fleet that have a Sth2 13 and no issues there either. As far as back to back, I admittedly haven't done that test so I cannot compare the lowwer CG of the Strive to the Sth2 directly. If you can pick some Sth2's up on blow out/close out, I would do so.

PeterJN

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Hello, does anyone know the equivalent binding mount pattern for the strive demo 13?

ThiccMochi

Skier
Hey all - I have a montero AX that came predrilled with a D20 pattern. Would I be able to mount strive 14 bindings without having the predrilled holes sealed? I’m looking for bindings that can be mounted without having to drill new holes.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Hey all - I have a montero AX that came predrilled with a D20 pattern. Would I be able to mount strive 14 bindings without having the predrilled holes sealed? I’m looking for bindings that can be mounted without having to drill new holes.
They are a different pattern, my suggestion is that if the skis are predrilled for the Strive demo, just put that on.

PeterJN

Skier
It turns out that the Strive 13 demo is a hybrid. The heel piece is the Warden 11 demo template and the toe piece is the salomon rent template.
The difference is that the Warden 13 demo has 82mm between screws and then 111mm to the centre line and the Salomon rental toe is 75mm between screws and then 118mm to the centre line.
In other words, the rear pair of toe binding screws are 7mm further forward on the strive compared to the Warden 11 demo.

wus_wonton_king

Skier
sorry if this has been covered before...if i have retail warden 13 mnc mounted, will any of the strive models use the same holes?

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
sorry if this has been covered before...if i have retail warden 13 mnc mounted, will any of the strive models use the same holes?
The Strive 16 does. Well, you can get a Strive 12, 13, or 16 and leave the heels and jsut swap the toes too. But that would not be recommended by the brand ;)

wus_wonton_king

Skier
The Strive 16 does. Well, you can get a Strive 12, 13, or 16 and leave the heels and jsut swap the toes too. But that would not be recommended by the brand ;)
thanks! that is what i was thinking...has anyone tried swapping out the toes for the lower rated strives? i do not need a 16 din but definitely prefer the warden/sth heel.

jec84

Skier
It turns out that the Strive 13 demo is a hybrid. The heel piece is the Warden 11 demo template and the toe piece is the salomon rent template.
The difference is that the Warden 13 demo has 82mm between screws and then 111mm to the centre line and the Salomon rental toe is 75mm between screws and then 118mm to the centre line.
In other words, the rear pair of toe binding screws are 7mm further forward on the strive compared to the Warden 11 demo.

Any idea if the demo tracks/rails are the same for the Strive 13 demo as the Warden 11 demo and one can simply slide the Strive 13 toes (and heels) onto the Warden 11 demo tracks?

If not, anyone know if the Strive 11 demo tracks the same as the Warden 11 demo?

Coldass

Skier
I am mounting a Strive Demo 13 at home today. I have mounted regular Strive 14's with Warden 11 templates.

If you don't have a jig you don't need a paper template for the demos IMO. The tracks are easy to use as the template (and I think more accurate anyway) for pre-drilling once you work our your front and rear position. I did a mock up on some wood to work this out and as I am doing a re-mount to avoid the old holes.

The demo rear-heal track holes/pattern is identical to the retail rear track holes/pattern. The brakes are identical as is everything between the rear demo 13 v. retail 14 rear. Only difference is the worm drive as the demo has the flick switch/set and the 14 a screw. You can slide the demo rear on the retail track and vice versus - of course it can't be set as the worm drives are different.

The front-toe demo track holes are very different to the retail.

Some of what I have written is likely said in other places - I just thought I'd share my experience.

rossm

Skier
Does anyone know where to buy additional mounting plates for the demo bindings?

I'm thinking about using this as an alternative to Quiver Killers, for travelling with multiple pairs of skis. Makes packing easier and reduces overall weight for international air travel.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Does anyone know where to buy additional mounting plates for the demo bindings?
They are not available as a stand alone.

Jeronimo

Out on the slopes
Skier
So we're a year later now, whats everyone's opinions of the Strive? Still like it? Still inspiring confidence?

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
So we're a year later now, whats everyone's opinions of the Strive? Still like it? Still inspiring confidence?
I am loving these...

IMG_4635.jpeg

IMG_4632.jpeg

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
We had some skis sent to us with demo bindings on them that played havoc with my balance, (negative ramp)
Phil switched it out to the Strive demo and I love it!

taylortrimble

Skier
I love my Strive 14s. I greatly prefer the heel action to my old Look Pivot 14s. Feels more refined, and definitely easier to step into when I've crashed in a steep powder bowl. Very trustworthy feel overall, connection feels awesome. The space fighter looking toe piece would look better with a more timeless shape if anyone at Amer sports is listening; but I lean into the space fighter vibe too. Pew pew!

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester