• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

22/23 Salomon Strive Binding

onenerdykid

Product Manager, Atomic Ski Boots
Masterfit Bootfitter
Manufacturer
So the non-demo Strive 14 and 16 follow the same pattern as the Sth2’s?
Not exactly.
Strive 16 uses the same heel as the STH2 16, so this version has the same hole pattern as STH2.
Strive 14 has a brand new heel, which is different from the STH2 series and therefore not the same hole pattern.

ARL67

Invisible Airwaves Crackle With Life
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Does anyone know what Jig models are required for the Demo and non-Demo versions of the Strive ?

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Does anyone know what Jig models are required for the Demo and non-Demo versions of the Strive ?
Demo-Easytrack
Retail-Warden

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The article says the demo binding doesn't ski any differently than the retail binding, so why go for the regular? Just weight savings?
The retail version will be lighter and does have a shorter mount distance allowing the ski to flex a little more natural. The 16 will be MN compatible.

Jvwalker1951

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
I was just going to mount Strive 14 bindings. I had warden 13 plates for a jigarex. I decided to check before drilling and found that the Strive plates DO NOT match up with jigarex warden Plates. I'm not going to guess who got this wrong but I had to modify paper templates to match with the Strive. Please be careful.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I was just going to mount Strive 14 bindings. I had warden 13 plates for a jigarex. I decided to check before drilling and found that the Strive plates DO NOT match up with jigarex warden Plates. I'm not going to guess who got this wrong but I had to modify paper templates to match with the Strive. Please be careful.
For the Strive 13 GW the toes match, heel is different, heel uses the Warden 11. The Strive 16 MN uses the same heel as the Warden 13.

graham418

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Is the Warden 13 MNC discontinued? I just went to order a pair of demo bindings and the equipment manager at the ski shop said they are discintinued. he said they are being replaced with the Strive ,but those werent showing as coming in a demo version.
Whats the real story?

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Is the Warden 13 MNC discontinued? I just went to order a pair of demo bindings and the equipment manager at the ski shop said they are discintinued. he said they are being replaced with the Strive ,but those werent showing as coming in a demo version.
Whats the real story?
The Warden 13 MN Demo is still in the line because it is the only one that is MN compatible. Part number is L40819600

Magikarp

Putting on skis
Skier
Where can I find a Strive demo binding to buy? It's harder to find that some skis! :roflmao:

Are the Strive demo brakes interchangeable with the other bindings? It sort of looks like it's own design.

Last edited:

Saller

Skier
so regarding the strive 16 some of the info being found is not clear to me
in some articles they say "strive 16 GW" in newer ones "strive 16 mn"
also the strive16 mn shows a screw at the toe. toe height adjustment? thought that's automatic?

onenerdykid

Product Manager, Atomic Ski Boots
Masterfit Bootfitter
Manufacturer
so regarding the strive 16 some of the info being found is not clear to me
in some articles they say "strive 16 GW" in newer ones "strive 16 mn"
also the strive16 mn shows a screw at the toe. toe height adjustment? thought that's automatic?
It was changed over the summer to be a manually adjustable MN (multi-norm) binding. It accepts alpine norm ISO 5355, GripWalk ISO 23223 and Touring Norm ISO 9523 but all of the adjustments need to be done manually.

Saller

Skier
It was changed over the summer to be a manually adjustable MN (multi-norm) binding. It accepts alpine norm ISO 5355, GripWalk ISO 23223 and Touring Norm ISO 9523 but all of the adjustments need to be done manually.
so adjust, paper test and go ?

Saller

Skier
Thanks. Well, i think toe height adjustment is better than no (automatic) toe height adjustment.
bonus points for sliding afd.

BmbrMcGnrly

Putting on skis
Skier
Quick question - have the Strive 16. Was mounted by the shop for a boot with grip walk soles. Will it the AFD require adjustment if I switch my from my gripwalk soles to alpine soles?

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Quick question - have the Strive 16. Was mounted by the shop for a boot with grip walk soles. Will it the AFD require adjustment if I switch my from my gripwalk soles to alpine soles?
No.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Great intro article @Philpug. No question left unanswered (though I'm not really a binding geek).

I just picked up a set of these for the MB 99s I got from @ARL67.

I've always had a slight preference for S over T, but admit I chose these mostly because the available color matched the skis nicely.....when it doesn't really matter at all, always go with your wife's preference. ;)

Cork7 Belly Flop

Booting up
Skier
Any longer term reviews of the Strive? Trying to decide between the Strive and STH2 during end of season sales.