• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

23/24 Ikon Pass?

raytseng

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Does anyone have any insight on when the 23-24 Ikon pass will go on sale or any other details?

Last year's pass went on sale March 14. Last year Epic was later than ikon and came out March 20.
So probably give it up to 2 weeks, and we should have the details then.

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
TS
Cameron

Cameron

Out on the slopes
Skier
Well shoot. I was ready to pull the trigger on the Ikon pass but the spring skiing in Colorado doesn't start until April 10th which is after my son's spring break.

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
How do you see how much you got? I received an email, but unsure how to find the amount on my Ikon dashboard..
Check out "payments and deliveries" in your account. It took me a bit to figure that out as well. I'm guessing they'll deduct the from the price of next season's pass without my having to remind them. We'll see.

"Shipping and Payment" I meant to say.

Last edited:

Teppaz

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Is Taos on the Base Plus pass new? (I didn't get an Ikon last season so not sure when that started.) Alta/Snowbird going to Base Plus was a big reason for me to not get an Ikon last year, and it looks like the trend is spreading. The 4-day session pass isn't even that great a deal compared to the equivalent Epic product. The pricing is off the charts for those of us on a budget.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
It looks the same as far as I can tell.
So there was a mid-season change recently for this year, and presumably that's the only change for next year too that I can see. Unless some details changed as far as full vs. base/base-plus access.

Here's the change - when I logged into my account, I had this notification:

"Snow Valley in California is new to the Ikon Pass for 22/23 (access begins February 20)."

And here's the list, with only Snow Valley marked as new:

1678375271582.png

crosscountry

Sock Puppet
Skier
Pass Pulled
Well shoot. I was ready to pull the trigger on the Ikon pass but the spring skiing in Colorado doesn't start until April 10th which is after my son's spring break.
I'm pretty sure it's done on purpose. They would try to miss all the spring breaks, which is the prime time for THIS season.

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
Is Taos on the Base Plus pass new? (I didn't get an Ikon last season so not sure when that started.) Alta/Snowbird going to Base Plus was a big reason for me to not get an Ikon last year, and it looks like the trend is spreading. The 4-day session pass isn't even that great a deal compared to the equivalent Epic product. The pricing is off the charts for those of us on a budget.
I hadn't noticed that. I think that is new for 23/24. :(

MissySki

Rogue Assassin of Bad Puns.
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Check out "payments and deliveries" in your account. It took me a bit to figure that out as well. I'm guessing they'll deduct the from the price of next season's pass without my having to remind them. We'll see.

"Shipping and Payment" I meant to say.
Ahh got it, thank you! A measly $10 for me lol

MissySki

Rogue Assassin of Bad Puns.
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I was just there on my regular base pass, it is a change for next season that they are moving to the base plus and full only.

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I took today off, and had serious FOMO. But I got until May here in UT to see if I get a day that can top what you lucky Ski Talkers just experienced!!

A last few photos from Alta, 27 Feb 2023:
Kit, a nice guy I shared several excellent powder runs with in the AM:
View attachment 194239

View attachment 194240
kevin
View attachment 194241
stephen
View attachment 194242
wasatchman
View attachment 194243
tonys
View attachment 194244
gregg and deena getting ready to start a memorable powder day
View attachment 194246
View attachment 194247

Looks like the details dropped this morning on their website with prices. On Sale March 16.

I would love to see a comparison on access vs. 22/23.

It looks the same as far as I can tell.

I hadn't noticed that. I think that is new for 23/24. :(

It shows on their website that access has changed.

Screenshot_20230309-080848_Firefox.jpg

Sponsor

Staff online