• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

23 Mazda 3 turbo redesign - made in Japan, ditched CVT, 6-speed auto trans, AWD, ~ 30MPG

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Not large enough for our needs, but I gotta say that Mazda should give styling seminars to Toyota especially, and even Honda in some cases.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
AWD? Will add it to the list of future purchases. We are big Mazda fans here, owning a CX-5 and a 6.

François Pugh

Skiing the powder
Skier
Great White North (Eastern side currently)
No manual transmission. :(
I sold my 2015 automatic Mazda 3 Sport to help finance my 'vette and to find a good use for my son's 2012 six-speed manual transmission Mazda 3 Touring that he left in Guelph when he went out west (my current winter beater). The Manual Transmission Mazda 3 is just a hell of a lot more fun to drive (not as much fun as the 'vette, but handles plows through snow a lot better).

TS
neonorchid

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I can't remember how many times I've tried to block Scotty Kilmers Chanel on YouTube.

I found him so annoying that I couldn't even focus on the car!

Absolutely. I have yet to come across a more grating blend of hype, clickbait and overstatement - and that's after watching all the F1 talk channels. Gah. Make IT GO AWAY.
LOL, I usually think how did that nonsense get on my YouTube feed. His Mazda 3 thing looked OK so i gave it a shot...

I am more than a little disappointed that the 3's body didn't get a major make over to go along with the other changes. It's getting old and I never warmed up to the slit shark eyed headlights / large angular bull shark gaping mouth and the jello mold rear with large blind spot

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
slit shark eyed headlights / large angular bull shark gaping mouth

Again you have to stop giving the stylists too much credit. It's a catfish. The eyes and forehead are behind the mouth. You can even see the moustache lines.

Bull sharks have underslung chins, eyes forward of the mouth, and gill slits in front of the pectoral fins/wheel wells.

This isn't even a catfish in bad bull shark makeup.

TS
neonorchid

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Again you have to stop giving the stylists too much credit. It's a catfish. The eyes and forehead are behind the mouth. You can even see the moustache lines.

Bull sharks have underslung chins, eyes forward of the mouth, and gill slits in front of the pectoral fins/wheel wells.

This isn't even a catfish in bad bull shark makeup.
OMG you are so right, how did I not see that:doh:

François Pugh

Skiing the powder
Skier
Great White North (Eastern side currently)
LOL, I usually think how did that nonsense get on my YouTube feed. His Mazda 3 thing looked OK so i gave it a shot...

I am more than a little disappointed that the 3's body didn't get a major make over to go along with the other changes. It's getting old and I never warmed up to the slit shark eyed headlights / large angular bull shark gaping mouth and the jello mold rear with large blind spot
LOL, I like watching Scotty. I find him very amusing, and always in character, as the opinionated old-timer that he is. The clickbait isn't what it seems, but it works on me because I'm dying to know how he makes that "News-paper Headline" fit what he is really going to tell me about. Gotta say, I agree with most of his advice, even though he does seem to be highly opinionated and stuck on Toyota. He did come out with a video about a year or so ago "I was wrong about Mazda", which was good, but these days he has to add "Toyota has a share in Mazda" as if it's because of Toyota that Mazda is good now.

I wonder about some things though:
I wonder if the reason his Toyota and Lexus cars last so long is just because they are properly maintained by a professional mechanic with a vested interest and he doesn't drive the snaut out of them; my sister-in-law's Matrix lost 2nd gear.
I wonder if he ever feels guilty about ripping his customer's off when he brags about how little he paid when he bought cars off of them.
I wonder if some of his opinions are just confirmation bias: "Tesla Model S (or whatever it was) has a terrible ride, at the same time "Honda Civic Type R has a rough ride, but you expect that in this type of car".

JShort

Getting off the lift
Skier
All I want is for Mazda to bring back the Mazda 2 to the NA market, give it 25 more hp, 6 speed manual and don't make it a pound heavier or an inch bigger

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
All I want is for Mazda to bring back the Mazda 2 to the NA market, give it 25 more hp, 6 speed manual and don't make it a pound heavier or an inch bigger
I'd like a lot more than the 2 to come with a 6 speed manual.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'd buy Mazda's new CX 90 with a 6 speed tomorrow!

I believe my wallet remains safe!

Sponsor

Staff online