• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Individual Review 24 Volkl blaze 82 86 and Kenja 88

Keys2Ski

Getting on the lift
Skier
I was able to try out some volkl skis while in tahoe/mammoth mid may.
I’m 53, 5’1” & @ 130lbs. I rate myself as a cautious advanced skier who skis @10-15 days annually. Raised in Michigan, so know a thing or two about skiing on ice

I started out with the blaze 82 in a 156 I believe
My first thought was zippy, I enjoyed them for a couple of hours, but as the heavier spring snow started to pile up, I felt them getting pushed around…

next was the blaze 86, not as zippy as the 82, a little more stable of a ride at speed (ikon said 40mph) and again started to get banged around in the heavier snow

lastly I was on the kenja 88 in 163. My first thought was, oh these will be too long, but was reassured they would be ok
I was really happy with them all day. I was looking for a skinnier daily driver than my black crow camox birdie (97 underfoot) and something that complimented them, not too close in size, and something that could grab the hard pack.

the kenja felt “just right” I was able to feel a better grip in the hard pack refrozen shady areas of palisade/alpine meadows in the early morning, where I tend to have issues. I went solo skiing one day, and went to many different locations to see if I truly wanted to purchase them, given it was spring skiing afterall. Scott’s chair, granite chair, over to purchase a avy dog tshirt, etc I enjoyed the flex of the ski as well, played in the bumps too

I did have some boot work done, a one degree cant, and a tighter buckle set up for my skinny legs (thanks phil)

obviously, I’m not a professional reviewer, but I hope to have conveyed my happiness with the process, and skill set as it may be.
IMG_7264.jpeg
IMG_7227.jpeg
Attachment-1.jpeg