• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

A beast of an outboard!

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
7.6 liters? Check
12 cylinders? Check
600 hp? Check
Almost 1300 pounds? Check
Counterrotating props? Check
Other cool stuff? Check

I don't follow boating but this motor seems to be kind of insane. And then, of course, you have the boats with 3 or 4 of them hanging off the transom. Awesome.

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Really hard to get your arms around it too. :)

Built just down the "road" from me? Check

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Well if you ever need a slightly used Merc 200-300hp for less than a dealer, I know how to do it.

It has always been simple to get prices for brand new. Just add 2 zeros to the horse power and that is your price.

Dakine

Far Out
Inactive
I have seen some of these in our "Mine is bigger than yours" neighborhood.
The real purpose is to go from four 350 hp motors to two 700 hp motors so there is room for a swim platform in between.
Outboards sure open up a lot of room in the hull and put the weight where it is best under planeing conditions but I doubt the longevity is there compared to a good inboard setup in salt water.
My little 25 yo, 4 Winns Sundowner 225 with a 351 Windsor Ford and Volvo DuoProp drive is all the boat I need or want.
That's Mrs. Dakine, the best thing that ever happened to me.

IMG_3637.JPEG

Last edited:

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
By comparison, you can buy a GM LS3 crate engine long block with intake, fuel injection, ignition coils and wires, water pump for $8k. Sooo.....there's some math going on there... :geek::ogbiggrin:
1632414550987.png

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'd like a few pics of boats that use the new V12 outboard?!

Clearly, this is the engine that Rodney Dangerfield's yacht needed in Caddyshack!

djetok

Low Lander
Skier
By comparison, you can buy a GM LS3 crate engine long block with intake, fuel injection, ignition coils and wires, water pump for $8k. Sooo.....there's some math going on there... :geek::ogbiggrin:
View attachment 142950
But you cannot tilt the motor/prop out of the water. That is the biggest draw to the outboards. These new outboards are insane in power and price.

Sponsor

Staff online