• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

A Skiers Boot Design Features Wish List for Boot Makers

RoninSkier

Getting off the lift
Skier
My boots - Atomic Prime 120S has the mimic liner + filler pads + WC booster strap (with 3rd band 1/2 cut). Generally happy with it, still playing with the liner.
Plus other personal tweaking mods.

This started as a nonresponse PM to a boot fitter with a major boot brand. It applies to all boot makers, maybe to after market boot fitters.

What are other skiers boot makers/fitters wish lists?

My wish list -

1) more range of lateral cuff adjustment - side shims esp on the medial side of the cuff like the velcroed forward lean back spoiler on my Atomics
2) more range in forward lean (I use the spoilers) with 2-3 spoiler thicknesses + cuff spine forward lean adjustment
3) more range in flex - 3 not 2 flex screws + a carbon fiber flex spine like the Tecnicas in 2-3 flex ratings & forward lean adjustment.
4) every high-end boot to come with an elastic booster similar to Atomic;s pro strap.
5) footboard ramp angle adjustment (2-3 adjustment shims).
6) cable/buckle adjustment (not confident the boas are robust enough) similar to but better than the old Raichles.
7) some sort of easy slide material on the back spine inside the liner to ease entry.... but still with solid locked in heel / ankle retention.
8) return of the cork flow option - moldable when heated, sets up normal temp.
9) better insulating material (2-3mm of neoprene + thinsulate) around the toe box of the liner for us over the hill types. Electric foot beds & socks are overkill, a money burn & dumb
10) replaceable liner tongue options with 3 different comfort/performance ratings
11) better shell plastic formulations like the Atomic true flex but better - for heat punching & shrinking (if possible) - consistent flex in colder temperature and as they age.
12) better design, more positive contact, grip walk to binding sole designs

Sponsor

Staff online