• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

A song that makes you think of a ski movie segment

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Phil and I were on a ride in the Miata when Jukebox Hero came on the radio. Warm summer day, and the thing that popped into my mind was this.
Matchstick Productions - Shane McConkey and snow

What song comes on the radio that makes you think of a ski movie segment?

pais alto

me encanta el país alto
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
This one, but I can't remember which movie it was. Google suggests Afterbang or Teddybear Crisis, but I think it was maybe something by Unicorn Picnic and I got tired of trying to figure it out. Anyway, it's a good song to get me pumped for fast skiing:

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
This one, but I can't remember which movie it was. Google suggests Afterbang or Teddybear Crisis, but I think it was maybe something by Unicorn Picnic and I got tired of trying to figure it out. Anyway, it's a good song to get me pumped for fast skiing:
Here's the sound track for Pretty Faces. I don't see that tune in the soundtrack :huh:

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I can't find the segment, but The New York Groove from the crash segment in Claim.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I'm pretty oblivious to the background music in ski movies. I remember more about the visual stuff than the audio in the background usually. But, if I was doing an edit of old school bump skiing I'd really want to use this song..

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Ski flick was the last place I expect to hear this song, however I think it's safe to say we all worship at the same shrine -

Last edited:

Carl Kuck

Ambassador of Stoke
Skier
Europa - Final Countdown!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
I would have said Jukebox Hero before opening the thread

I like this squelchy electronic version of Highway to Hell in 91 words

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Here's the sound track for Pretty Faces. I don't see that tune in the soundtrack :huh:

Yeah, well, I remember it played in a segment of a grrl skiing. Oh well...who put the bomp?

That soundtrack is incomplete. It's lacking Devil's Daughter, which plays during the Alaska segment, and which I play in my mind whenever I need to get into a more aggressive mood for a line.

(I have complained to Pretty Faces, but they've never acknowledged it, which makes me wonder if there are licensing issues)

However, I don't think @pais alto 's song is in Pretty Faces. I've watched it a *lot* and don't recognize it.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
^^^ diddy? ^^^