• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

A tale of two 188cm GS skis

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
G9RS Revoshock 183 (24m), This is what I am skiing on! Fantastic ski! Can't say enough positive about it. A little wider shovel draws you into the turn beautifully, and effortlessly. Ultra smooth quiest and powerful without being overbearing!
Added to list.

TS
DocGKR

DocGKR

Stuck at work...
Skier
ScotsSkier had me start on the 183/24m Atomic G9RS (105/67.5/89) a couple of years ago when I first got back into Masters Racing. It is a blast to free-ski on groomers anywhere around the resort, is fun in spring slush and jamming through crusty snow, and offers a large forgiving sweet spot. It is the minimum ski I'd consider for Masters GS--although most of the folks around here rapidly move to a narrower 65mm women's FIS or Junior GS ski, as they offer a better edge hold on hard race surfaces, as well as a higher speed limit than the 67-72mm "Masters" skis.

Pretty sure Fallon got the 19m "look alike" sport carver ski.....

Atomicman

Out on the slopes
Skier
ScotsSkier had me start on the 183/24m Atomic G9RS (105/67.5/89) a couple of years ago when I first got back into Masters Racing. It is a blast to free-ski on groomers anywhere around the resort, is fun in spring slush and jamming through crusty snow, and offers a large forgiving sweet spot. It is the minimum ski I'd consider for Masters GS--although most of the folks around here rapidly move to a narrower 65mm women's FIS or Junior GS ski, as they offer a better edge hold on hard race surfaces, as well as a higher speed limit than the 67-72mm "Masters" skis.

Pretty sure Fallon got the 19m "look alike" sport carver ski.....
I truly can't imagine any better edge hold. But I have a Razor-tune 3 degree on mine. I also have a 188 D2 30M and prefer this ski for free-skiing! As far as speed limit goes. I clocked 55 MPH on my 24M, don't really need to go any faster. :huh:Im not sure you get going much more then 40-45 in a Master's GS course unless it is very straight! Quicker edge to edge at 65mm, but I don't find it an issue with the 24M at 67.5. I much prefer the slightly wider105mm tip over the 183 30M 100mm tip.

Last edited:

Atomicman

Out on the slopes
Skier
I truly can't imagine any better edge hold. But I have a Razor-tune 3 degree on mine. I also have a 188 D2 30M and prefer this ski for free-skiing! As far as speed limit goes. I clocked 55 MPH on my 24M, don't really need to go any faster. :huh:Im not sure you get going much more then 40-45 in a Master's GS course unless it is very straight! Quicker edge to edge at 65mm, but I don't find it an issue with the 24M at 67.5. I much prefer the slightly wider105mm tip over the 183 30M 100mm tip.
When I said I prefer this ski for freeskiing, I meant the 24m 183 Revo shock!

TS
DocGKR

DocGKR

Stuck at work...
Skier
As the season progressed, the Nordica 188/25 really grew on me; so much so that I got a second pair (which skis exactly like the first pair)!

Nordica 188_25.JPG

Sponsor

Staff online