• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Absa Cape Epic

martyg

Making fresh tracks
Industry Insider
One of our locals won the event. The bike that he won the STXC world championship on hangs in our shop.

I'm waiting for the bike to be donated for a fundraiser. Given supply chain, it may be my best opportunity to get a current S-Works HT.

275063577_10158756211508601_7917758389259273084_n.jpg

TS
cantunamunch

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
I'm still VERY impressed by the camera bikers.

I mean just the logistics of running e-bikes in between multiple singletrack groups are impressive - and then you understand that no e-bike battery invented to date will actually sustain 5 hours+ of race-pace so there must be a whole underlying system of exchanges and handoffs.

Yes, I know they've got drones to supplement and choppers for the main feed but...wow.

Primoz

Skiing the powder
Skier
Well one thing to consider is, that at least some (most likely all) of those guys were racing Cape Epic themself and not just race it, but placed in top 5 teams not more then 3 or 4 years ago. So most of them could almost follow top teams on normal bikes :) Otherwise I would say with so big organization and such budget it should be fairly easy to handle this logistics. There's few extra bikes and on water stations those guys just hop on new bikes with fresh batteries and continue coverage. But I agree, it was cool to see that footage from follow bikes and not just chopper.

Sponsor

Staff online