• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Adding a wide(r) ski for westbound travel - am I in the ballpark?

ejj

Prairie Skier
Skier
I'm a MN skier as well. I guess the best answer depends on what you do out west. I've been skiing the Enforcer 100 out West, but I'd like to get something a little wider and softer--but I spend most of my time in the trees trying to find snow. When it does snow it quickly becomes tracked and junky. Of course there are plenty of times on groomers as well--since it doesn't snow on demand. Since it's my travel ski, I can bring only one.

Do you like to get off-piste? In the trees? These questions should really define part of your search.

TahoeWarrior

Putting on skis
Skier
Seems the core question is will you have more 'fun'. My answer is, yes you will. When I ski my AR (83) I don't let my eye wonder off piste much. On the same day or same conditions, I intentionally look off piste for opportunities when on my Icelandic Pioneer (96) or Rustler 10 (102). And as we get into the back 1/2 of the season and the mountain gets more sun, there are/will be plenty of off piste conditions that soften up and IMO make a the case for a more playful ski. Heck, bring both skis to the base, lock one up, carve in the AM, and butter in the PM. I'd create a top 2-3 from your list....each ski you listed is has a following and has a pro/con.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January