• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Aeroski machine

Prosper

This is the way.
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Anyone tried this. It’s a much simpler machine than the Skier’s Edge and a fraction of the cost. If I update my Skier’s Edge it’ll cost me more than twice as much as the Aeroski new.

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
I see they use an extension spring. Those tend to age rapidly - as we know from both early telemark bindings and from garage doors.

As long as they don't charge you an arm and a leg to replace the spring like Skier's Edge does with the bands, then I think you would still be well ahead of the game...

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
Just checked it out a bit. $375 for the machine and $29 for replacement springs. You could buy this many times over before getting near the cost of a Skier's Edge. Only $29 for the springs is crazy cheap. Either this fitness device is a total joke or it's a total win. I just don't know yet...

Don in Morrison

I Ski Better on Retro Day
Skier
I saw some comments on Amazon about bands that failed after only a few weeks. I don't know how common that is, or if it is only a rare occurrence, but that would discourage me from getting one. I'd think you should be able to use something mostly trouble free for at least several years before fixing things.

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
I saw some comments on Amazon about bands that failed after only a few weeks. I don't know how common that is, or if it is only a rare occurrence, but that would discourage me from getting one. I'd think you should be able to use something mostly trouble free for at least several years before fixing things.

Be careful of anything you read on the Internet (especially from that Noodler guy). We recently bought an orbital stepper training machine from Amazon and had I believed some of the negative reviews posted, I was going to have drill new holes to assemble it and it was going to crack and fall apart in a month of use. None of those issues have been seen with our machine.

Until someone from this forum buys one and reviews it, will we all really know the real story on it. I may just be that one person, we'll see how much cash I have on hand after Santa makes his deliveries...

Oh, and for the Amazon reviews, some checkers that can help spot the fakes:
https://www.fakespot.com/
https://reviewmeta.com/

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Looks like it would be super noisy to use. Not a fan of pretending to ski at home or anywhere but a ski hill. I'm better off riding a bike or running cross country, water skiing, surfing, skateboarding, roller blading, etc.. Wife definitely makes full use of the treadmill at home indoors though. So, not saying it's not for you. If you're the type who did use the skier's edge until it wore out and looking for a cheaper alternative, sure, give it a try.

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
So interestingly enough, looks like the original version 1.0 used the rubber bands (and had adjustable tension by using more bands):

Now we have the 2.0 version that uses the springs:

Of course they have the music cranked up so that you can't hear what the machine actually sounds like.

And boys, make sure you keep your poles stationary: ;)

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Is it possible to do that in ski boots? That would be the only way it would be actually simulating skiing better than any of the other activities.

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
Is it possible to do that in ski boots? That would be the only way it would be actually simulating skiing better than any of the other activities.
I'm sure you could. They make an accessory for the skier's edge for that. I suppose you could always mount some old bindings on it. :huh:

Lady_Salina

Out on the slopes
Skier
I saw the ad for this today and came looking. I'm very tempted to purchase one. The virtual reality goggles with it have me thinking it would be fun to add to my gym. Currently I find my mini trampoline workouts get me in the best shape for ski season and I could never afford a skier's edge.

Sherman89

Booting up
Skier
I picked up a slightly used aeroski9July 2021 model with springs) the previous owner had been injured in an auto accident and did not use the machine so I bought it still in the box and needed assembly. The VR and it's app is junk and the machine needs to be 2 feet wider and 8inches taller to actually make a ski exercise machine, for any benefit for the skier the step side to side movement is to short and does not replicate a ski movement. I am glad I bought the aeroski at a huge discount.

Sherman89

Booting up
Skier
I forgot to say yesterday that I have an old skiers edge classic for many years but now Skiers Edge will not sell a new belt----instead they want to sell over priced machines,

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
It looks like you have to be young and already in great shape to use it.

Or…or….is that just marketing??!!

SkiMore

Getting on the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Maybe someone could pick up one of these for their home gym and report back? :)

https://skytechsport.com/snowsports-simulator/

There is one up in Vancouver that I want to try out next time we visit.

1658344351256.png

Sponsor

Staff online