• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Air getting into goggles

François Pugh

Skiing the powder
Skier
Great White North (Eastern side currently)
Smith IO goggles have been fogging like crazy with my mask.
I wear glasses. They fog up when I wear a mask in the cold. However, when I tuck the mask under the bottom of my goggles, they seal the mask to my face and my glasses do not fog up...yet. I haven't had to use the fan on the goggles (Smith turbo OG) this year (only been a few days though); they fog up a little when standing still, but clear up as soon as I get moving.

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I wear glasses. They fog up when I wear a mask in the cold. However, when I tuck the mask under the bottom of my goggles, they seal the mask to my face and my glasses do not fog up...yet. I haven't had to use the fan on the goggles (Smith turbo OG) this year (only been a few days though); they fog up a little when standing still, but clear up as soon as I get moving.

I'll give that a shot. Thanks for the idea.

cosmoliu

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Yes, there seems to be a fit problem at the nose. My Smith goggles are advertised as Asian fit, which I ordered because I'm, ummm, Asian. They seem to have extra thick nose foam. Might look into a similar goggle.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Hi everyone,

I have updated both my helmet and goggles this season and have noticed that I have started to get air coming in at higher speeds which leads to eyes watering to the point where i am somewhat concerned about crashing.

Try slowing down a little.. There are entirely different helmet and eye gear requirements for ludicrous speed!

1615341002108.png

freeskier1961

still aspiring
Skier
I've tried a number of helmet/google combinations over the years. I run pretty warm so susceptible to fogging
Bar none for me best is Marker helmet and googles. no fog, no problems great optics