• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Alex Hödlmoser

otto

Out on the slopes
Masterfit Bootfitter

Longtime USST coach Alex Hödlmoser hired by Austrian Ski Federation

By SR Staff Report|April 21st, 2022|Comments Offon Longtime USST coach Alex Hödlmoser hired by Austrian Ski Federation
This spring, the US Ski Team said goodbye to long time coach Austrian Alex Hödlmoser. His career in the US began in the 1997/98 season. Over the years, Hödlmoser was a significant part of the U.S. speed event success for both men and women. With the US, he held positions of head men’s speed coach and head women’s speed coach. He also spent time as a special coach to Lindsey Vonn. As the Head Women’s Speed Coach, Hödlmoser, led the US adrenaline addicts for the 2021/22 season.
With Assistant Speed Coach Karin Harjo leaving to lead the Canadian Women’s Alpine Team, there will be plenty of excitement over Hödlmoser’s and Harjo’s replacements. The USST reports that they are close to signing their entire alpine staff and will announce the coaches soon. His multi-decade-long career with the US Ski Team was a good one, so it is not surprising the ÖSV Austrian Ski Federation has announced that the talented Hödlmoser will join their women’s World Cup Speed program for the 2022/23 campaign.

There is a degree of silence coming from Park City that has myself and my closest circle of friends in the ski racing world wondering what is going on with US Skiing? Nothing new that there is change that takes place after a 4 year Olympic cycle. That is not news. Announcenments of new hires seems to be lagging behind the news stories of those that are leaving for other National teams or just leaving for TBD... Jesse, Forest, etc. There is a camp starting on Sunday at Mammoth for the Women's Speed group. I cannot say who is going to be there as far as staff. I do know that Alex, Karin, and as far as I have heard through the rumor mill, PK will not be there. I get that it is not germaine to discuss these changes as a new regime takes over the command post, however, the silence from USSS is deafening.

Ok talk amongst yourselves...

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
Agree. It’s a cluster. Know at least a dozen coaches approached….all of whom declined. Quickly.
It’s a mess. We’ll see who Riml hires. And then, how they do.

Next interesting thing….USST cuts, re-nominations and nominations. I keep hearing more of the developmental ranks/age saying “no thanks”, feel like I have a better path.

Sad. Nowhere but up. VERY GLAD that Anouk Patty agreed to come on board.

Good luck!

James

Out There
Instructor
Not a great start to Project 2026, or are we pushing it back to 2030?
Would seem to me, if you want a team that is “best in the world”, the old slogan, you’d want the best coaches available.

TS
otto

otto

Out on the slopes
Masterfit Bootfitter
I stand corrected... PK is here at Mammoth for the Speed Groups first camp.

Sponsor

Staff online