• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

All mountain (Western) ski.

BC.

NEPA ShopRat/Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
FWIW…Both my daughters…same size…but a little older (19/20) have been on Sheeva9’s the past 2 seasons. They ski in VT/NY/PA and multiple trips out west each winter.

TS
Slim

Slim

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
FWIW…Both my daughters…same size…but a little older (19/20) have been on Sheeva9’s the past 2 seasons. They ski in VT/NY/PA and multiple trips out west each winter.
What do they like or dislike about it? How/where do they ski it?

BC.

NEPA ShopRat/Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
No dislike at all….except coral reef….but that sucks for everyone.

They like the versatility of the ski…they don’t want/need a quiver at this t….UVM kids, so they ski at Stowe, Bolton, Sugarbush, Killington…..our yearly trips out west are the usuals in CO/UT/WY/CA.

They have commented to me that the ski does everything they need it to do in most conditions……(the rocker/camber/rocker profile helps make this ski very easy to ski).

My girls were initially attracted to Tecnica and Blizzard because of the women (W2W) engineers designing equipment by women/for women. The fact their boots fit great/and they love their skis….is a huge bonus.

Lots of great skis out there….my girls just happen to be Blizzard fan girls…..

Last edited:

Krakski

Skier, Sailor
Industry Insider
My wife (5'6", 120 lb) demoed a few skis last winter and chose the Faction Dictator 1.0X (alternative/women's model). It's about 85 mm underfoot, but the Dictators come in wider widths as well. Second place was the Fischer Ranger 92 Ti (which is really 88 mm in her length), but she would have bought this one if I hadn't convinced her to try some more skis she liked it so much. Apparently the Factions were made in the Fischer factory last year to a higher quality than previous years, but not to be repeated in the coming year. I made sure she tried the infamous Black Pearls, but she did not like them at all. She wanted a more versatile ski for moguls and crud than the more East Coast frontside skis she still uses on firm days.

OK so I cant say enough about how much I love these Dictator 1.0 skis, (2020 bright blue 186cm, mounted 2.0 cm forward of recommended for good air-balance). These skis hold on edge on hard snow like a metal ski but ski with a ton of energy and punch as if they never heard of metal.... sooooo ripping fun! but here is the kicker; after watching me ski 2020's season on them, my wife just simply said "I want a pair of those, you are just ripping all over and they look like great fun", so last Christmas here you go babe, the 178's! (Blue also, Mounted at 1.5 cm forward. (OK so a little bit about the wifey, 5'3" 135 lbs ex-racer with a plethora of knee surgeries). She is a picky beast on skis, but at the end of the day she had a new favorite ski for packed conditions.... and yes she RRRRRRrrrrips on them. She is totally stoked on the Dictator's, so much she picked up a pair of the 2.0's.

Rdputnam515

Getting off the lift
Skier
Take a hard look at the head KORE 93women’s version.

read the reviews.

im on the 99 men’s and I can tell you, for a 99 you can lay these over and flat out run them out west.

also great in bumps, POW, steeps, trees. Super light swing weight and they have lots of rebound.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January