• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

All New Fluoro Free Waxes From Dominator

TS
Jacques

Jacques

Workin' It on Skis Best I Can
Skier
Jacques,
What do you know about the paste version of these Elite waxes?
Presumably wont last as long as iron in version but might be more economical for race day over the top of something else.
thanks
I did not get any to test. I know the Momentium paste are great, so I will assume that in the fluoro free Elite line, they will be good.

Still working with Elite NS 2 and NS 3. Glide is excellent, and I'm trying to wear the wax off, but can't do it yet!

TS
Jacques

Jacques

Skier
Trying hard to get a dull base with this Dominator Elite NS 3. So far no can do.

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
I did not get any to test. I know the Momentium paste are great, so I will assume that in the fluoro free Elite line, they will be good.

Still working with Elite NS 2 and NS 3. Glide is excellent, and I'm trying to wear the wax off, but can't do it yet!
I believe @Noodler is using Momentum wax.

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
I believe @Noodler is using Momentum wax.

I accidentally found out that the Momentium cold wax still works well enough for warmer weather. It was probably in the high 20s for the air temp today, so the snow wasn't soft and wet or anything. I would say that the Cold version probably has a wider temperature envelope where I would find the performance acceptable before needing to switch over to the warm version. My expectation is that the Momentium Cold would last longer (being more durable), but that's just an educated guess.

TS
Jacques

Jacques

Skier
I accidentally found out that the Momentium cold wax still works well enough for warmer weather. It was probably in the high 20s for the air temp today, so the snow wasn't soft and wet or anything. I would say that the Cold version probably has a wider temperature envelope where I would find the performance acceptable before needing to switch over to the warm version. My expectation is that the Momentium Cold would last longer (being more durable), but that's just an educated guess.
Thanks for the update. I never did use the cold. I'd say the warm formula held up quite well for a paste wax.

TS
Jacques

Jacques

Skier
The saga continues. Time to re-wax.

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
Thanks for the update. I never did use the cold. I'd say the warm formula held up quite well for a paste wax.

My favorite so far is definitely the Momentium Cold. That stuff is money. I also have the Hyperzoom paste and I have to say that my previous experience with Hyperzoom was with the hot waxing bricks, so I was expecting similar performance (at least for a handful of runs), but the paste isn't quite up to that level. I'll know more about the performance of the warm was when we get to Spring skiing season.

TS
Jacques

Jacques

Skier
My favorite so far is definitely the Momentium Cold. That stuff is money. I also have the Hyperzoom paste and I have to say that my previous experience with Hyperzoom was with the hot waxing bricks, so I was expecting similar performance (at least for a handful of runs), but the paste isn't quite up to that level. I'll know more about the performance of the warm was when we get to Spring skiing season.
Thanks for the update. Yea, the Hyper Zoom paste is not as good as the Momentium paste.
I still have no information on the Elite no fluoro paste, but it should be available after a while.

TS
Jacques

Jacques

Skier
At last, we got some snow older than two days. Only going to have a few more. Still, I was stoked to be able to finally test some Elite OS 3.
Dominator Elite OS 3 is a fluoro free wax geared toward racing, yet anyone that like good glide can use and enjoy.
Here is the day one test with a full day put on the skis.

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
With this thread revival it reminded to post a warning about using Momentium Cold paste wax with warm temps. I had already waxed a pair of skis with the Momentium cold, but didn't use them on the day I had anticipated. I later used them on a warmer day and learned very quickly just how "sticky" the Momentium Cold behaves on warm snow.

TS
Jacques

Jacques

Skier
With this thread revival it reminded to post a warning about using Momentium Cold paste wax with warm temps. I had already waxed a pair of skis with the Momentium cold, but didn't use them on the day I had anticipated. I later used them on a warmer day and learned very quickly just how "sticky" the Momentium Cold behaves on warm snow.
Ha ha. That's why they make a warm snow formula!
Those things happen.
Gets hard if you prepared, did not mark what is on the ski, then you hit it with the wrong condition.

One thing that folks need to understand, is some warm to 'hot' snow conditions will be "sticky" no matter what wax you use.
The worst may be fresh snow that then gets warm and is not tilled to death.
The other may be very warm corn snow when the 120+ inch base is melted down to 50 inches. It's full of pollen, and pollutants. The snow looks very dirty. This is when, even though warm, a hard HF wax will be best.
Waxing for conditions can take years of work to learn.

Again, no matter how perfectly one waxes for these warm conditions, there will be a time when the snow "goes-off".
This also applies to base structure. Once the snow "goes-off", that's time to quit skiing that day.
Where I ski, that usually happens around 12 to 1 pm depending on sun angle, clouds or not to shade sun, and the starting snow temperature of the given morning.
I ski a Mt that has 360 degrees of skiing, so one can see that the north and east sides are very different at times.

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
Ha ha. That's why they make a warm snow formula!
Those things happen.
Gets hard if you prepared, did not mark what is on the ski, then you hit it with the wrong condition.

One thing that folks need to understand, is some warm to 'hot' snow conditions will be "sticky" no matter what wax you use.
The worst may be fresh snow that then gets warm and is not tilled to death.
The other may be very warm corn snow when the 120+ inch base is melted down to 50 inches. It's full of pollen, and pollutants. The snow looks very dirty. This is when, even though warm, a hard HF wax will be best.
Waxing for conditions can take years of work to learn.

Again, no matter how perfectly one waxes for these warm conditions, there will be a time when the snow "goes-off".
This also applies to base structure. Once the snow "goes-off", that's time to quit skiing that day.
Where I ski, that usually happens around 12 to 1 pm depending on sun angle, clouds or not to shade sun, and the starting snow temperature of the given morning.
I ski a Mt that has 360 degrees of skiing, so one can see that the north and east sides are very different at times.

This wasn't "warm" like Spring warm. It was about 25* F for the high. Mid-Winter conditions, however well above the temp range for Momentium Cold.

TS
Jacques

Jacques

Skier
This wasn't "warm" like Spring warm. It was about 25* F for the high. Mid-Winter conditions, however well above the temp range for Momentium Cold.
Alright. Thanks for the info and update. Like I said before, I never did test the cold formula. Now you are figuring it out!

TS
Jacques

Jacques

Skier
Continued testing with the Elite series. Here you will see the ski bases after seven days of skiing on OS 3, and hear what I think.

David

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
Skier
I have a few different spring waxes I've been using over the years but I'm looking at the Dominator W for those really warm wet sloppy days. Can it be rubbed on over the spring wax I'm currently using or should I wait until I run out and then buy all Dominator brand?

TS
Jacques

Jacques

Skier
I have a few different spring waxes I've been using over the years but I'm looking at the Dominator W for those really warm wet sloppy days. Can it be rubbed on over the spring wax I'm currently using or should I wait until I run out and then buy all Dominator brand?
You can use it over any wax you like. Works fine over Graphite Zoom, which is not expensive.
If you want to go "full bore" use the Elite No.3 either OS or NS. The No. 3's are the warmest formulas, for 23F and above.

David

Skier
You can use it over any wax you like. Works fine over Graphite Zoom, which is not expensive.
If you want to go "full bore" use the Elite No.3 either OS or NS. The No. 3's are the warmest formulas, for 23F and above.
That's what I was hoping. Now I just need to find a small brush I can keep in my pocket that won't kill me when I fall on it.

TS
Jacques

Jacques

Skier
That's what I was hoping. Now I just need to find a small brush I can keep in my pocket that won't kill me when I fall on it.
Just put it on at home. I mean like how many hours you are going to ski anyway!

David

Skier
Just put it on at home. I mean like how many hours you are going to ski anyway!
Probably 5 or 6. My thought is if the day starts out icy and is sloppy in the afternoon will I need to reapply at lunch to avoid the velcro snow? A couple weekends ago I hit that crap twice in one day and rang my bell so hard I had a headache for the next 6 days so I was a little gun-shy last weekend.

TS
Jacques

Jacques

Skier
Probably 5 or 6. My thought is if the day starts out icy and is sloppy in the afternoon will I need to reapply at lunch to avoid the velcro snow? A couple weekends ago I hit that crap twice in one day and rang my bell so hard I had a headache for the next 6 days so I was a little gun-shy last weekend.
There come a time when no matter what is on your skis, the snakes come out. That's time to quit!

Sponsor