• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Lowell Watson

Making skis sharp and slippery
Skier
I picked up these NOS beauties yesterday.
205 Zubi SL
CFE46ADF-88D7-4F0E-9846-0B4E4E3FADF6.jpeg
26F3FD59-E159-46CF-B7ED-8D39DD372DB4.jpeg

TQA

Putting on skis
Skier
Back in the early 80s I bought three pairs of Authiers for 30 quid [40$] . It was easter and a closing down sail in a French ski resort. The shop owner claimed that they were factory race quality skis but too long and too plain for his customers. They were 215s and plain black tops with the word Authier across the front in small letters.

I loved those skis as they were stiff and had no speed restrictions and in those days I was a total headbanger for speed.

I never saw a similar pair even in Switzerland.

SGP

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
IMG_0823.JPG
I don't ski very often and haven't felt the need to buy a pair of shaped / parabolic skis just yet. I'm still skiing on and loving my 190 Authier Equipe Fs. Anyone hazard a guess how old they are? I bought them from a rep who was trying (ultimately unsuccessfully) to crack the US market. Mid-1980s??? Thanks!

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I don't ski very often and haven't felt the need to buy a pair of shaped / parabolic skis just yet.
No rush, they only have been around for almost 30 years. ;) Keep using that fax machine, betamax and Kodak "The Handle" camera. ;)

I think that model looks early 80's. I would be more concerned with the binding that is on it. The plastics from that era are serious suspect and can explode at the most inopportune time like when skiing with little or no warning.

SGP

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Early 80s sounds about right. The bindings have been replaced twice.
Are you suggesting I should replace my Betamax?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Early 80s sounds about right. The bindings have been replaced twice.
Are you suggesting I should replace my Betamax?
Only if you are thinking about going to Laserdisc. ;)

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier

Only if you are thinking about going to Laserdisc. ;)

I can lend him my copy of Brazil.

Seriously, if my memory of an extremely damp, relatively light ski isn't totally off, those could still be a lot of fun on icy hardpack groomer day. Like a Kicker POTUS, except in a straight ski.

Slush and crud, not so much.

Sponsor