• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
All Things Authier

Authier Skis

SKI Dec 1990 - Authier - Pugski - Dave Petersen.jpg

image.jpeg

Web Photo

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
SKI Nov 1990 - Authier - Pugski - Dave Petersen.jpg

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
SKI Oct 1990 - Authier - Pugski - Dave Petersen.jpg

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
SKi Nov 1974 - Authier - Pugski - Dave Petersen.jpg

SKIING Dec 1975 - Authier - Pugski - Dave Petersen.jpg

Carl Kuck

Ambassador of Stoke
Skier
I think I could be happy with a pair of these for retro day...

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
These bring back a memory. When I was at Wicks, abotu 10 years ago, a guy brought a pair of these in to get mounted...brand new...with...in a box some NOS MRR's and better...some NOS..in the box Lange XL1000's. All three peices were in museum quality condition. I told him how much I admired the gear but I could not mount them due to the fact that they were not indemnified any more and quite frankly, they should be in a collection somewhere. HE started yelling at me that the gear was perfectly good and I was jsut trying to sell him new stuff. I calmy told him that I never once said that he needed new gear just that I couldn't mount this gear.

Reactions: Don

Joal

Out on the slopes
Skier
Commemorative skis 195 and 190. I have only been out on the metal ones once and was a little disappointed. Too soft in the shovel but a real head turner. They are both soft, probably the same ski. I will have to give that one another try one day.

DSC03789.JPG

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Commemorative skis 195 and 190. I have only been out on the metal ones once and was a little disappointed. Too soft in the shovel but a real head turner. They are both soft, probably the same ski. I will have to give that one another try one day.

View attachment 11718
Beautiful skis, two of the most beautiful elegant skis ever produced.

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter

View attachment 11718

Is there anything you don't have?

Joal

Out on the slopes
Skier
Is there anything you don't have?

There is lots I don't have but there are some real nuggets in the collection that sometimes I don't recognize till years after. That is when I see how seldom, if ever, some things show up anywhere for sale.

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
SKIING Nov 1976 - Authier - Pugski - Dave Petersen.jpg

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Two brands I would like to see come back Authier & Spaulding. Blossom is beign produced in the Spaulding factory, someone is producing skis in the Authier factory, for the life of me, I cannot think who it is.

Tony Warren

Me on the left, The Padre on the right
Skier
I would love to have some updated Spaldings and Authier skis. The Sideral SL was a great ski in the day. The Zurbriggen SL were an amazing ski back in the 90's. They were great in all snow, had no speed limit and were quick as can be. I can imagine the ideals of both designs in a modern ski would be great.

Royal

UTAH
Skier
picked these up recently. Authier Competition 207 cm. look to be 1976 by the graphic style or early from the color and bindings? I can only find a black and white image online from '76. I will ditch the M38's and swap some LOOKs on them and go for a whirl this winter. hard to see the hot pink outline on the lettering.

just found and add in December SKIING mag that shows the skis. looks like 1976 for sure. I just love the little swiss flags too. I can't figure out how to copy a a pic of the ad here. anyone?

20161021_164432.jpg

Last edited:
TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
SKIING Dec 1977 - Authier - Pugski - Dave Petersen.jpg

Bob Simpson

Putting on skis
Skier
The Authier Competition was one of my favorite skis in my 50 years of skiing! I worked as a tech in a ski shop that brought them in. They gave us a great deal on them to get them out on the hill. I mounted them with the orange Salomon 555 Equipe employee binding and they really looked great! Thanks for bringing back some fond memories.

Royal

UTAH
Skier
The Authier Competition was one of my favorite skis in my 50 years of skiing! I worked as a tech in a ski shop that brought them in. They gave us a great deal on them to get them out on the hill. I mounted them with the orange Salomon 555 Equipe employee binding and they really looked great! Thanks for bringing back some fond memories.

I'll get back to you with a review after a tune and remount:thumb:. now I'm really looking forward to skiing them.

Royal

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
I had a pair of Authiers in the 80's that I really liked. So, one day I am skiing a steep mogul run and the top sheet lets loose and peels back in a coil all the way to the binding toe piece. I stop, then carry on and then the same thing happens to the other ski.

Later that night: beer, epoxy, several clamps, and a nut and bolt through the tip and those skis were usable for several more seasons.

Once those skis wore out a few years later I was able to purchase another pair for $50 and a case of beer. I eventually lent them to an Aussie lady who had just arrived at Sun Peaks and had no equipment and was just learning to ski. Even though she probably weighed less than 100lbs she was a tad more aggressive as a beginner skier than expected and she bent the Authiers. However, in her favour, she did go on to become a ski instructor.

Sponsor